Rapid Pulse after Procedure

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
dania
Family Elder

Rapid Pulse after Procedure

Post by dania »

Has anyone experienced a rapid pulse after the Liberation procedure?
I had my procedure June 23 and since then my pulse is 100-110.
Normally it is 70.
Habenoughyet
Family Member

Post by Habenoughyet »

Dania,
I have high BP, and I'm on HBP medication, my pulse rate was always in the 100's. But since my treatment, my heart rate has gone down to the 70's. I don't understand why yours would be higher, I kind of expected (hoped) that it would have lowered my heart rate and BP, and it has. Perhaps the stress of having gone thru the treatment (dilating veins) is taking more time for your body to adjust to the new found blood pathways? How severe was your stenosis, and where?

HEY
"Never argue with stupid people... They bring you down to they're level and beat you with experience"
shye
Family Elder

Post by shye »

I get rapid pulse from almost anything I take that I am allergic to--
are you eating anything different, taking new meds, etc?
dania
Family Elder

Post by dania »

Habenoughyet wrote:Dania,
I have high BP, and I'm on HBP medication, my pulse rate was always in the 100's. But since my treatment, my heart rate has gone down to the 70's. I don't understand why yours would be higher, I kind of expected (hoped) that it would have lowered my heart rate and BP, and it has. Perhaps the stress of having gone thru the treatment (dilating veins) is taking more time for your body to adjust to the new found blood pathways? How severe was your stenosis, and where?

HEY
Stenosis, azygous 70%, right jugular 80% and left jugular 90%
They put a stent in the left side.
dania
Family Elder

Post by dania »

shye wrote:I get rapid pulse from almost anything I take that I am allergic to--
are you eating anything different, taking new meds, etc?

Nothing different diet wise or medication.
joanp
Family Member

Post by joanp »

i find this interesting about the higher pulse rate. we r in the early stages of ccsvi liberation and this is not the first time i have heard of someone's pulse or BP going higher or lower. if it goes lower - that is great. but going higher is not so good.

a healthy resting pulse in an adult should be no more than 80 and in fact they say 60 -70 is better. so i would be concerned if my resting pulse rate was 100. some stuff u read will say an adult can be up to 100 beats per minute. but for myself, i would not be very happy if my pulse rate jumped to 100 after liberation.
dania
Family Elder

Post by dania »

joanp wrote:i find this interesting about the higher pulse rate. we r in the early stages of ccsvi liberation and this is not the first time i have heard of someone's pulse or BP going higher or lower. if it goes lower - that is great. but going higher is not so good.

a healthy resting pulse in an adult should be no more than 80 and in fact they say 60 -70 is better. so i would be concerned if my resting pulse rate was 100. some stuff u read will say an adult can be up to 100 beats per minute. but for myself, i would not be very happy if my pulse rate jumped to 100 after liberation.

I agree. It is quite unsettling. And the fact there is little information of the possible side effects from this procedure.
kc
Family Elder

Post by kc »

Dania,

Now I don't know if this will help but... on 12/10/09 I started sleeping inclined. While I felt better I did notice that my heart was racing. It almost felt like I had too much blood in my chest. I was very concerned but continued sleeping inclined. It went away after a couple of weeks. It was almost as if my body had to find new paths for blood.

Now I plan to get liberated next week and am thankful that I am still sleeping inclined so hopefully my body has alreaady done some of its "new adjustment" to better blood flow.

P.S. I will continue to sleep inclined after my liberation. It has helped a lot.

kc
PPS I do sound like an inclined bed infomerical!
dania
Family Elder

Post by dania »

kc wrote:Dania,

Now I don't know if this will help but... on 12/10/09 I started sleeping inclined. While I felt better I did notice that my heart was racing. It almost felt like I had too much blood in my chest. I was very concerned but continued sleeping inclined. It went away after a couple of weeks. It was almost as if my body had to find new paths for blood.

Now I plan to get liberated next week and am thankful that I am still sleeping inclined so hopefully my body has alreaady done some of its "new adjustment" to better blood flow.

P.S. I will continue to sleep inclined after my liberation. It has helped a lot

That's interesting, the part with the too much blood in your chest. Before I had my Liberation procedure my face (more so on the left side) and left side of my chest was red. I always felt like my head was slowly being cooked. I was blocked 70% in the azygous, 80% in the right jugular and 90% in the left jugular. Had a stent put in the left side. Since the procedure the redness is much less.

kc
PPS I do sound like an inclined bed infomerical!