Rapid Pulse after Procedure

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.

Rapid Pulse after Procedure

Postby dania » Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:10 am

Has anyone experienced a rapid pulse after the Liberation procedure?
I had my procedure June 23 and since then my pulse is 100-110.
Normally it is 70.
User avatar
dania
Family Elder
 
Posts: 1088
Joined: Wed May 12, 2010 3:00 pm
Location: St Lazare Quebec

Advertisement

Postby Habenoughyet » Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:24 am

Dania,
I have high BP, and I'm on HBP medication, my pulse rate was always in the 100's. But since my treatment, my heart rate has gone down to the 70's. I don't understand why yours would be higher, I kind of expected (hoped) that it would have lowered my heart rate and BP, and it has. Perhaps the stress of having gone thru the treatment (dilating veins) is taking more time for your body to adjust to the new found blood pathways? How severe was your stenosis, and where?

HEY
"Never argue with stupid people... They bring you down to they're level and beat you with experience"
User avatar
Habenoughyet
Family Member
 
Posts: 74
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:00 pm

Postby shye » Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:39 am

I get rapid pulse from almost anything I take that I am allergic to--
are you eating anything different, taking new meds, etc?
User avatar
shye
Family Elder
 
Posts: 758
Joined: Sun Nov 29, 2009 4:00 pm
Location: NYC

Postby dania » Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:03 am

Habenoughyet wrote:Dania,
I have high BP, and I'm on HBP medication, my pulse rate was always in the 100's. But since my treatment, my heart rate has gone down to the 70's. I don't understand why yours would be higher, I kind of expected (hoped) that it would have lowered my heart rate and BP, and it has. Perhaps the stress of having gone thru the treatment (dilating veins) is taking more time for your body to adjust to the new found blood pathways? How severe was your stenosis, and where?

HEY

Stenosis, azygous 70%, right jugular 80% and left jugular 90%
They put a stent in the left side.
User avatar
dania
Family Elder
 
Posts: 1088
Joined: Wed May 12, 2010 3:00 pm
Location: St Lazare Quebec

Postby dania » Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:08 am

shye wrote:I get rapid pulse from almost anything I take that I am allergic to--
are you eating anything different, taking new meds, etc?



Nothing different diet wise or medication.
User avatar
dania
Family Elder
 
Posts: 1088
Joined: Wed May 12, 2010 3:00 pm
Location: St Lazare Quebec

Postby joanp » Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:20 am

i find this interesting about the higher pulse rate. we r in the early stages of ccsvi liberation and this is not the first time i have heard of someone's pulse or BP going higher or lower. if it goes lower - that is great. but going higher is not so good.

a healthy resting pulse in an adult should be no more than 80 and in fact they say 60 -70 is better. so i would be concerned if my resting pulse rate was 100. some stuff u read will say an adult can be up to 100 beats per minute. but for myself, i would not be very happy if my pulse rate jumped to 100 after liberation.
User avatar
joanp
Family Member
 
Posts: 48
Joined: Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:00 pm

Postby dania » Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:44 am

joanp wrote:i find this interesting about the higher pulse rate. we r in the early stages of ccsvi liberation and this is not the first time i have heard of someone's pulse or BP going higher or lower. if it goes lower - that is great. but going higher is not so good.

a healthy resting pulse in an adult should be no more than 80 and in fact they say 60 -70 is better. so i would be concerned if my resting pulse rate was 100. some stuff u read will say an adult can be up to 100 beats per minute. but for myself, i would not be very happy if my pulse rate jumped to 100 after liberation.

I agree. It is quite unsettling. And the fact there is little information of the possible side effects from this procedure.
User avatar
dania
Family Elder
 
Posts: 1088
Joined: Wed May 12, 2010 3:00 pm
Location: St Lazare Quebec

Postby kc » Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:18 am

Dania,

Now I don't know if this will help but... on 12/10/09 I started sleeping inclined. While I felt better I did notice that my heart was racing. It almost felt like I had too much blood in my chest. I was very concerned but continued sleeping inclined. It went away after a couple of weeks. It was almost as if my body had to find new paths for blood.

Now I plan to get liberated next week and am thankful that I am still sleeping inclined so hopefully my body has alreaady done some of its "new adjustment" to better blood flow.

P.S. I will continue to sleep inclined after my liberation. It has helped a lot.

kc
PPS I do sound like an inclined bed infomerical!
User avatar
kc
Family Elder
 
Posts: 116
Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2005 3:00 pm

Postby dania » Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:30 pm

kc wrote:Dania,

Now I don't know if this will help but... on 12/10/09 I started sleeping inclined. While I felt better I did notice that my heart was racing. It almost felt like I had too much blood in my chest. I was very concerned but continued sleeping inclined. It went away after a couple of weeks. It was almost as if my body had to find new paths for blood.

Now I plan to get liberated next week and am thankful that I am still sleeping inclined so hopefully my body has alreaady done some of its "new adjustment" to better blood flow.

P.S. I will continue to sleep inclined after my liberation. It has helped a lot

That's interesting, the part with the too much blood in your chest. Before I had my Liberation procedure my face (more so on the left side) and left side of my chest was red. I always felt like my head was slowly being cooked. I was blocked 70% in the azygous, 80% in the right jugular and 90% in the left jugular. Had a stent put in the left side. Since the procedure the redness is much less.

kc
PPS I do sound like an inclined bed infomerical!
User avatar
dania
Family Elder
 
Posts: 1088
Joined: Wed May 12, 2010 3:00 pm
Location: St Lazare Quebec


Return to Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

 


  • Related topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users


Contact us | Terms of Service