dizziness

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.

dizziness

Postby thornyrose76 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:52 pm

Just lately I have noticed when transfering from a chair into my wheelchair that I get really dizzy. Now it cant be med related bc I have taken the same drugs same dose for years. I am just wondering if its possible that it could be related to CCSVI? It would just be speculation of course.
thornyrose76
Family Elder

Advertisement

Postby 1eye » Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:19 am

I was falling twice a week or more, some weeks a lot. I was covered with bruises. After I found out how CCSVI works, I realized I have to keep my head upright. Now, especially after I have had to bend down, or when I feel dizziness, I immediately put my head upright. This works! I think it's gravity. I don't fall so much now. It's great.

I think I get more dizzy on account of gravity. I first thought about it when I was in a pool, and lost all sense of where up was. Proprioception had something to do with it too (I had less than usual in the pool, and the MS had affected it).

I don't know if any of this helps you, but I hope so.
"Try - Just A Little Bit Harder" - Janis Joplin
CCSVI procedure Albany Aug 2010
'MS' is over - if you want it
Patients sans/without patience
1eye
Family Elder

Postby Blaze » Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:17 am

I've had dizziness for at least 15 of the 26 years that I've had MS. I've been told by my neuro and family physician that it relates to low blood pressure. Now I wonder how much CCSVI plays a role. We've known for years that I have circulatory problems (i.e. alternate between cold, purple feet and flaming hot red feet). The hotter and redder my feet are, the more dizzy I become. The more I walk (limited to very short distances with my cane), the hotter my feet become and, again, the more dizzy I become. I understand this is the opposite of what should happen.

Would this not be a reason to be treated for CCSVI, quite apart from MS? If my Doppler next month is positive for CCSVI, I will certainly be making that case to my docs and to the Canadian and Ontario governments.

How many others have dizziness?
Blaze
Family Elder

Postby Vee1012 » Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:44 am

Hi,

I have has MS since 2004 and have had dizziness. I had the procedure done in Frankfurt with Dr Vogl on 25th of June and since my balance and dizziness have been a lot better.

Good luck with everything
Vee
Vee1012
Getting to Know You...

Postby bossman » Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:43 am

That is great news!!!
bossman
Getting to Know You...

Return to Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)