A little humor at the grocery store

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.

A little humor at the grocery store

Postby BooBear » Sun Jul 04, 2010 3:41 am

My husband and I were grocery shopping yesterday when I remembered an item and walked to get it out of one of the coolers in the refrigerated section. At that moment, I had a sharp, electrical shock feeling in my left leg (which happens rarely, but it has happened) that caused my walk to look odd, to say the least.

My husband called over to me and said, "Honey, walk right!"

I responded with "I'm trying!" and explained that I was getting that electrical shock sensation with every step.

He smiled at me and said, "You know, we are getting that fixed very soon and THANK GOD because you look like you are doing the Irish jig over there."

There, ladies and gents, is my hubby summed up. :)
Three veins angioplastied.  One renewed life.  
BooBear
Family Elder

Advertisement

Postby aliyalex » Sun Jul 04, 2010 4:38 am

humor always helps. happy fixing!
aliyalex
Family Elder

Postby BadCopy » Sun Jul 04, 2010 6:38 am

We live on a very small city block that I normally cant make it around without dragging my right leg after half way. I took our 6 month old bull dog for a walk the other day for the first time. I found that if I let her pull on the leash the waY she likes I made it all the way around the block. And with little leg dragging. I think I am going to let my Neuro know of my findings and see if he wants to do a clinical trial :lol:
BadCopy
Family Elder

Postby blossom » Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:51 pm

boobear and bad copy, i like the humor. pretty witty there hard copy. sadly, your neuro. would probably bring up that there have been no clinical trials to support your story. with all the crazy things that actually goes on with this ms when these reality shows come on t.v. i often think--buddy, you want a reality show--follow me around for awhile. you will get a taste of reality.
blossom
Family Elder

Postby Cece » Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:23 pm

BadCopy wrote:I think I am going to let my Neuro know of my findings and see if he wants to do a clinical trial :lol:

Forget your neuro and let an IR know. :)
"However, the truth in science ultimately emerges, although sometimes it takes a very long time," Arthur Silverstein, Autoimmunity: A History of the Early Struggle for Recognition
Cece
Family Elder

Postby BadCopy » Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:26 pm

I at least would feel confident an IR would know I was joking. My neuro might think its a good idea :P
BadCopy
Family Elder

Return to Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)