CCSVI : A Lay Person’s Presentation for Lay People
1) What is CCSVI? (Show different kinds of blockages, mention possibility of some of the more obscure ones)
2) What is the evidence that CCSVI exists?
3) What causes CCSVI?
4) What, until recently, has been the generally accepted theory regarding the cause(s) of MS?
5) What is the evidence that an overactive immune system causes MS?
6) What is the new evidence that MS damage is not, initially at least, caused by an autoimmune reaction?
7) What are the theories regarding the relationship of CCSVI to MS? (Poor blood flow [usually over a long period of time], blood pooling, hypoxia, inflammation, breach of the blood-brain barrier, iron deposits, demyelenization and CNS damage, then T-cells begin to appear [at first to clean up damaged cells, and then an immune system over-reaction].
8,) Is there evidence to back up these theories?
9) How can CCSVI be diagnosed? (MRV, Doppler US and catheter venography – and explain how this is not a simple straight-forward test that can be done by people without special training). How can CCSVI be treated? (Diet? Drugs? “Liberation”?)
10) What are the two main schools of thought regarding liberation? (stent, no-stent, the arguments for each side)
11) Where can CCSVI be diagnosed, where can it be treated? Which of these can be considered “open” clinics where anyone (with the money) can go?
12) Why (how) did I decide to go to Poland (Euromedic) for diagnosis and treatment, why did I feel (at the time) that seeking diagnosis in Canada was not worthwhile?
13) What were my experiences with CCSVI diagnosis and treatment, with Euromedic and Poland? What did they do well, what could they have done better?
14) What has changed for me since my treatment?
Please provide me with suggestions/criticisms concerning gaps, sources, etc. Remember, this should be a 20-30 minute presentation, leaving time for discussion.
Last edited by fiddler
on Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.