Third liberation procedure

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
GiCi
Family Elder

Third liberation procedure

Post by GiCi »

You may remember that I had balloon dilatation of both jugular veins with subsequent marked improvement in Ferrara three years ago. Last October I had dilatation of the right jugular vein in Belfast with some improvement. I sent the picture to Zamboni, who told me that, in his opinion, the left jugular vein, not touched in Belfast, was re-stenosed.
Last week I went to Ferrara and had balloon dilatation of the left jugular vein.
Roberto Galeotti had just finished the procedure (with excellent angiographic result) and, believe it or not, I could flex my right big toe for the first time in three years. Zamboni and Erica cheked the result of the procedure with an echo-doppler and they were both satisfied that both jugular veins were draining well.
I feel well, my back is stronger and a lot less stiff, my movements are quicker and the power in the right leg has increased.
As an Italian resident abroad I have no entitlement to free elective treatment in my own town in my own Country and I had to pay 3,120 Euros to the Hospital.
During our encounter Zamboni told me that he is still against the use of stents, although he hopes that better ones for venous implantation will be available in the future, and that MRI is not suitable for investigating CCSVI.

You may like to know that the vascular surgeons in Belfast are organizing a debate on CCSVI and Dr Sclafani has accepted to come and take part in it: He will be confronted by sceptical neurologists.

GiCi
trapatron
Getting to Know You...

Post by trapatron »

It seems more and more clear that it is the scanning that is the trick.
The ir´s should learn more how to find the narrowings.
ErikaSlovakia
Family Elder

Post by ErikaSlovakia »

Thanks for all news GiCi!
Wish you the best :)
Erika
Aug. 7, 09 Doppler Ultras. in Poland, left Jugul. valve problem, RRMS since 1996, now SPMS,
- Nov.3,09: one stent in the left jug. vein in Katowice, Poland, LDN, never on DMDs
- Jan. 19, 11: control venography in Katowice - negative but I feel worse
Rokkit
Family Elder

Post by Rokkit »

Thank you so much for continuing to post here, Gici. I'm glad you are doing well. The upcoming debate sounds like progress. I have a feeling Dr. Sclafani welcomes the challenge.
prairiegirl
Family Elder

Post by prairiegirl »

Thanks for posting this interesting news, Gici! Your updates are much appreciated!
pegmegrund
Family Elder

Post by pegmegrund »

GiCI-
Thank you so much for the update!
Brainteaser
Family Elder

Post by Brainteaser »

Thanks GiCi,

You seem to be saying that ballooning the left jugular resulted in improvements to the right side of your body.
Also, is Dr Zi now doing private paying patients? When I saw him last August, he said it wouldn't be long.

Phil
TMrox
Family Elder

Post by TMrox »

GiCi,

I learned about CCSVI thanks to your appearances in the UK media. I don’t have MS, but Transverse Myelitis a demyelination of the spinal cord that it is known can evolve to MS.

Thanks to your eloquent explanation of how treating CCSVI helped you I read more about Zamboni’s research and decided to be tested for CCSVI. I had two big stenoses (azygous and left internal jugular) and was successfully treated three months ago.

I had been house-bound for 14 months due to unbearable spasms and migraines. All that is a thing of the past. Thanks to the research of Zamboni et al and to you for sharing the news.

I wanted to thank you earlier but did not how to contact you.

Many thanks,

Rox
L
Family Elder

Post by L »

Great news Rox. And thanks GiCi for the update. Glad to hear that things are going well.

Return to “Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)”