May-Thurner and MS/check it out

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.

Postby Rokkit » Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:01 am

Nunzio, that is a very interesting paper, great find! Thank you so much for finding it and posting it. I can't wait to hear what Dr. S thinks about it.
Rokkit
Family Elder

Advertisement

Postby KDGO » Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:11 am

What should an IR do if there is no symptom of clotting, pain, swelling etc however the MRV picture presents M-T? Do they angio & conctrast nyway to make sure all is ok or just leave it alone?
KDGO
Family Member

Postby IHateMS » Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:24 am

they should treat imho
IHateMS
Family Elder

imho?

Postby KDGO » Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:31 am

Sorry what is imho?

What to treat if there are no symptoms?
My IR said unless there are symptoms he
would not treat...has anyone else been
asymptomatic but treated the picture?
KDGO
Family Member

Re: imho?

Postby IHateMS » Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:40 am

KDGO wrote:Sorry what is imho?

What to treat if there are no symptoms?
My IR said unless there are symptoms he
would not treat...has anyone else been
asymptomatic but treated the picture?

imho = in my honest opinion

not sure..... if vein is occluded... why not stent?
IHateMS
Family Elder

Postby Cece » Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:44 am

I've always thought imho was "in my humble opinion."
"However, the truth in science ultimately emerges, although sometimes it takes a very long time," Arthur Silverstein, Autoimmunity: A History of the Early Struggle for Recognition
Cece
Family Elder

Postby KDGO » Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:56 am

gtk :)

"good to know"

thanks
KDGO
Family Member

Postby IHateMS » Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:59 am

Cece wrote:I've always thought imho was "in my humble opinion."

LOL or that.... as soon as i finished, i knew someone would correct me ./... i was using poetic license... my letter b does not work... i had to cut and paste that b.. i usually use 8 :lol: :lol:
IHateMS
Family Elder

Postby Cece » Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:05 am

:lol: I tried to let it go, say "what does it matter? humble, honest, it's all good" but as you can see I still posted it.

Yesterday I corrected Lyon who was correcting 1eye who was correcting someone else. That one amused me some. :)
"However, the truth in science ultimately emerges, although sometimes it takes a very long time," Arthur Silverstein, Autoimmunity: A History of the Early Struggle for Recognition
Cece
Family Elder

Postby Nunzio » Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:23 am

KDGO wrote:What should an IR do if there is no symptom of clotting, pain, swelling etc however the MRV picture presents M-T? Do they angio & conctrast nyway to make sure all is ok or just leave it alone?

The idea is that if you have M-T then the return blood from the leg, instead of draining in the IVC it goes through collaterals to the Azygous vein and overload it so it cannot drain blood from the spinal cord properly.
So, if you have MS have M-T fixed, and have them check the renal vein too.
good luck.
Everybody here brings happiness, somebody by coming,others by leaving.  PPMS since 2000<br />
Nunzio
Family Elder

Postby KDGO » Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:09 pm

Nunzio wrote:
KDGO wrote:What should an IR do if there is no symptom of clotting, pain, swelling etc however the MRV picture presents M-T? Do they angio & conctrast nyway to make sure all is ok or just leave it alone?

The idea is that if you have M-T then the return blood from the leg, instead of draining in the IVC it goes through collaterals to the Azygous vein and overload it so it cannot drain blood from the spinal cord properly.
So, if you have MS have M-T fixed, and have them check the renal vein too.
good luck.

Nunzio

imhb gtk

I will double check closer to home!

Thanks
KDGO
Family Member

Postby Badger » Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:00 am

I am hoping that I am diagnosed with MTS, the difficulty is finding a Dr/IR who is willing to carry out the tests without having to use private healthcare.

My right leg is now a complete dead weight. At least I am building up my arm muscles by constantly dragging my right leg behind me.

I am waiting to hear from my Dr regarding a refferal to get this problem fixed. I hope it won't be long.......
<em>Badger
RRMS 2004</em>
Appt Katowice 23/24th March
Badger
Family Elder

Postby 1eye » Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:55 pm

IHateMS wrote:
Cece wrote:I've always thought imho was "in my humble opinion."

LOL or that.... as soon as i finished, i knew someone would correct me ./... i was using poetic license... my letter b does not work... i had to cut and paste that b.. i usually use 8 :lol: :lol:

That's good. Can you spell the letter c? :lol: how about k?
"Try - Just A Little Bit Harder" - Janis Joplin
CCSVI procedure Albany Aug 2010
'MS' is over - if you want it
Patients sans/without patience
1eye
Family Elder

Postby Katie41 » Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:12 pm

5 Week MT Update:

I went to my physical therapist, who does visceral manipulation, today. She has worked with me for about 15 years, so knows my body really well. She said that the MT stent is greatly benefiting the jugulars' and azygos' flows.

5 months ago, the left jugular had restenosed one day after ballooning in Poland. About two weeks later, the right one did. A month ago, I had them reballooned in CA, when the MT stent was put into place. They are now still wide open, working like they are supposed to.

My left leg, knee, and foot are stable. That whole leg and foot are a good pink color. My left leg, knee, and foot are not swelling, and my left knee is strong (it frequently gave way and collapsed, although it was good for a week or so after Poland).

The downside is temporary, so I'm patiently :wink: awaiting the end of it :D . The stent site is still healing and I'm having referred pain into my right hip. It cramps up and then hurts, so I have to use the crutches now because my RIGHT hip hurts :roll: However, it is improving, and compared to the neck and shoulder pain the early CCSVI stent people had, it is really nothing. The dr says it usually takes two weeks, but can take up to 6. Guess I'm one of the 6 week ones. Of course, I'm sooooo patient, I have a difficult time just letting things heal and not doing too much!

I had scored myself (1 to 10) on all my symptoms: before Poland - 168; right after Poland - 17; three months later - 55; and currently - 14.
Lots of good changes, just in time to return to my kids at school :D
Katie41
Family Elder

Postby NotFound » Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:33 pm

Wonderful update Katie.

Now, if I only could find a doctor who would check M-T by catheter...
NotFound
Family Elder

PreviousNext

Return to Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)