??? insurance for possible complications procedure ?

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
silverbirch
Family Elder

??? insurance for possible complications procedure ?

Post by silverbirch »

I want to travel from UK

Can you get medical insurance cover for complications that may arise from procedure ?

Or is this impossible ?

Who's passport medical ? do they do the insurance

Silver
Last edited by silverbirch on Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
TMrox
Family Elder

Post by TMrox »

Silver,

I live in the UK and was treated for CCSVI abroad (in continental Europe).

I was treated in a private hospital which was covered by my private health insurance.

I did not have any complication, everything went smoothly. But in case of emergency I had obtained the european health insurance card provided by the NHS. This card will give you access to emergency treatment in a few countries where the UK has an agreement with.

See:
http://www.nhs.uk/chq/pages/1073.aspx?c ... goryid=159
Last edited by TMrox on Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Diagnosed with Transverse Myelitis in December 2008. Inflammatory demyelination of the spinal cord (c3-c5). No MS, but still CCSVI.
silverbirch
Family Elder

Post by silverbirch »

Thank you Tmrox I hope to travel to Egypt looking on the link im not covered ...

is this the o E111 card ?

Hope your keeping well from your procedure ?
TMrox
Family Elder

Post by TMrox »

This is the EHIC (European Health Insurance Card). You can apply online (for that with will need your NHS number). I got the card about a week after my on-line application.

Otherwise, I have much recovered since I had the angioplasty four months ago and I'm still making steady progress.

Good luck with your CCSVI testing and treatment.
Diagnosed with Transverse Myelitis in December 2008. Inflammatory demyelination of the spinal cord (c3-c5). No MS, but still CCSVI.
silverbirch
Family Elder

Post by silverbirch »

tmox

Thank you for the link its very good to know it replaces the old E111.

I was hopeing to have procedure in Egypt but this is out of the NHS zone no aggrement with them on UK travelers.

No insurance company will cover me for a pre planned medical procedure I called AXA and another medical travel insurance company.

They will insure me to travel for hoilday with a pre exsisting medical condition but not for a planned medical procedure.

I was rather hopeing should anything happen as a result of the procedure during or after I could be flying home in air ambulance if need be -
now Im not expecting anything bad as its a procedure and not an operation.

Should I choose to travel abroad outside NHS cover Ill have to fly by the seat of my pants throw caution to the wind

Silver
TMrox
Family Elder

Post by TMrox »

well best of luck, I hope that everyhting goes well and without complications.

For your peace of mind, the european health insurance card does not cover you for going abroad for a planned treatment. Anyway, I got it just in case.

http://www.nhs.uk/NHSEngland/Healthcare ... ction.aspx
eyebrow
Family Member

insurance for possible complications

Post by eyebrow »

Hi, See allclear.co.uk They cover travel for medical treatment abroad. This covers additional accommodation/travel if recovery is longer than anticipated, but they do not cover for complications of treatment. Google it - I found 4 other companies doing this but they were MUCH more expensive. (See 'Insurance' on this site)
Best of luck.
silverbirch
Family Elder

Re: insurance for possible complications

Post by silverbirch »

eyebrow wrote:Hi, See allclear.co.uk They cover travel for medical treatment abroad. This covers additional accommodation/travel if recovery is longer than anticipated, but they do not cover for complications of treatment. Google it - I found 4 other companies doing this but they were MUCH more expensive. (See 'Insurance' on this site)
Best of luck.
Eyebrow thank you very much a good find

Return to “Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)”