Inclined Bed Therapy Featured in New Pathways Magazine MSRC

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
AndrewKFletcher
Family Elder

Inclined Bed Therapy Featured in New Pathways Magazine MSRC

Post by AndrewKFletcher »

Opened my mail this morning and was delighted to see the latest edition of New Pathways magazine for people with ms has featured Inclined Bed Therapy. The article has been written to simplify the therapy and covers the whole topic, includes testimonials from Terri Harison and Christian Hag. I would like to thank the Multiple Sclerosis Resource Centre MSRC for their help in reaching many more people with ms to inform them about this simple yet very effective FREE therapy.
https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B7by_v ... m&hl=en_GB

New Pathways article in PDF Format

Andrew

The article covers 3.5 pages and includes a reference to a posture survey / poll on thisisms.com and a link to http://inclinedbedtherapy.com/

link to the MSRC and magaine's website.
http://www.msrc.co.uk/index.cfm?fuseact ... ageid=2825

Andrew K Fletcher
Last edited by AndrewKFletcher on Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
Inclined Bed Therapy (IBT) | http://www.inclinedbedtherapy.com
Sleeping Inclined To Restore and Support Your Health For Free. Fascinating Science, Discovery, History and Medical Research In Circulation And Posture.
Cece
Family Elder

Post by Cece »

Congratulations! I will check it out.
"However, the truth in science ultimately emerges, although sometimes it takes a very long time," Arthur Silverstein, Autoimmunity: A History of the Early Struggle for Recognition
scorpion
Family Elder

Post by scorpion »

What pattern did you notice in the posture survey? This was the poll question?
When are you most likely to notice a significant relapse /new symptom (RRms) or general deterioration / worsening of symptoms /new symptoms

I can't speak for everyone but my relapses are gradual. I am most ikely to notice my symptoms when it is humid, I am under stress, or I have not gotten enough sleep. If any of these things occur I feel like crap regardless if I am sideways, upright, or standing on my head.
thisisalex
Family Elder

Post by thisisalex »

great news Andrew!
Is the article available in electronic format? It would be nice to read it...
thanks!
alex
AndrewKFletcher
Family Elder

Not at the moment, the magazine has just been circulated. The MSRC does provide electronic format for all the magazines issues from their website, but there is a delay of a few months before this takes place.

I must say the article has covered the whole subject very well and anyone can order a single copy of the magazine which is sent out to 29 countries.

This has been a memorable day for my family and I and it has been a long time coming. Now we need to motivate a university or hospital into testing these results and publishing the outcome.

Thank you for your support, without Thisisms, progress would be far slower.

Andrew
Sleeping Inclined To Restore and Support Your Health For Free. Fascinating Science, Discovery, History and Medical Research In Circulation And Posture.
MSUK
Family Elder

Post by MSUK »

If you do not yet subscribe to New Pathways Magazine there is still time to receive the new edition out this week.

Please go to http://www.msrc.co.uk/index.cfm/fuseact ... ageid/2825 for more details on how to subscribe.

Older issues (2 beofre the one currently published) are made available online in both .pdf and in audio format, links from the New Pathways page above.

squiffs.
MSRC Webmaster
MS-UK - http://www.ms-uk.org/
newfie-girl
Family Member

Post by newfie-girl »

Andrew, cogratulations thats great news, finally this therapy is getting the recognition it deserves. :D

I have been usung IBT for 6 months now, and as I have posted before, the results are amazing,however, I am scheduled for CCSVI August 24th, and would be interested in knowing if people who have used IBT (4 months or longer)before CCSVI and continue to use IBT after CCSVI are having better results( long term) Are there any studies or testimonials that apply to IBT and CCSVI?

If any persons has followed this protocol and believe the IBT has enhanced their recovery, I am sure we would all be interested to know.

I have decided to stick with IBT, after my "liberation" as I feel the results are quite amazing before my CCSVI procedure, imagine how much blood flow will increase after :o it only makes sense :!: :!: :!:
sbr487
Family Elder

Post by sbr487 »

Andrew,

What a selfless worker you are. Really a rare commodity in this world.
Thanks for all you do. God bless you and your family!!

Regards,
A new scientific truth does not triumph by convincing its opponents and making them see the light, but rather because its opponents eventually die and a new generation grows up that is familiar with it
- Max Planck
AndrewKFletcher
Family Elder

Thank you for your continued reports.

Regarding improvements using IBT and CCSVI surgery I do not have sufficient data to determine the full effects of combining the surgery with IBT.

That said, a lady contacted me on the IBT forum at my site and informed me that she has tested negative to CCSVI and yet has been informed that "it looks as if she did have a problem with the veins but they have somehow healed themselves" Anecdotal as always but interesting nevertheless.

Andrew
newfie-girl
Family Member

Post by newfie-girl »

Thats interesting, but I still have to wonder, if IBT has a specific impact/role in the recovery process of symptoms( disability, numbness, bladder urgency, etc.)after the CCSVI procedure, and if so........are people who use IBT seeing the correlation compared to the "status quo"

Would make an interesting study (don't you think) :)
gibbledygook
Family Elder

Post by gibbledygook »

Andrew, I asked Dr Simka to measure my blood flow on an inclined bed as well as supine. He recorded that the blood flow from the jugulars was the same on an inclined bed (about 45 degree angle!) as supine. I was kind of surprised as I was practically sitting upright!
3 years antibiotics, 06/09 bilateral jug stents at C1, 05/11 ballooning of both jug valves, 07/12 stenting of renal vein, azygos & jug valve ballooning,
AndrewKFletcher
Family Elder

That is indeed good news

Thank you for providing this much needed and greatly anticipated information. Several people have suggested that IBT compromises circulation, while the evidence from people using IBT contradicts this assumption.

Thank You also Dr Simka

Andrew
NHE
Volunteer Moderator

Re: Inclined Bed Therapy

Post by NHE »

Hi Gibbledygook,
Loosely quoted what Dr. Sclafani has stated about inclined bed therapy, it may be the case that it doesn't help jugular flow, but helps the brain drain through the vertebral veins.

NHE
gibbledygook
Family Elder

Post by gibbledygook »

Well, my inclined flow was no different to my supine flow. So that suggests the verterbrals weren't taking on extra flow. However we don't know if the same result would be achieved with somebody whose jugular flow is impaired. My jugulars were essentially nicely open except when I tilted my head to the right.

Again it would be nice if somebody looked at this in greater detail!
3 years antibiotics, 06/09 bilateral jug stents at C1, 05/11 ballooning of both jug valves, 07/12 stenting of renal vein, azygos & jug valve ballooning,
Rokkit
Family Elder

Post by Rokkit »

That was a really cool thing to ask Simka to do, Alex. I agree, there needs to be a lot more looking into issues such as these.