Vascular MS Hypothesis and Treatment Questioned by studies

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
cinder21
Family Member

Vascular MS Hypothesis and Treatment Questioned by studies

Post by cinder21 »

Has anyone seen this?
I stumbled upon it while going through the science daily website. Both studies seem to suggest no correlation b/n MS and CCSVI

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/20 ... 080155.htm
22 yr old male located in the caribbean. Suffering with MS like symptoms from early 2008 with multiple relapses under my belt with optic neuritis. Not dx'd as yet however. Hope is to ultimately be tested for CCSVI
L
Family Elder

Post by L »

Yes, it's pretty much the same article as is being discussed here (and has been the subject of a few threads in the past).

The Wall Street journal reprinted the news since the discussion in Canada about funding is just around the corner perhaps?
cinder21
Family Member

Post by cinder21 »

thanks
22 yr old male located in the caribbean. Suffering with MS like symptoms from early 2008 with multiple relapses under my belt with optic neuritis. Not dx'd as yet however. Hope is to ultimately be tested for CCSVI
L
Family Elder

Post by L »

About your signature - I think it's a good time to be tested, so soon after initial symptoms. Have you investigated IRs in the Caribbean?
cinder21
Family Member

Post by cinder21 »

Sorry bout the signature. I haven't upddated it. I actually don't have MS. I thought I did and now I don't. Thanks
L
Family Elder

Post by L »

No apologies needed!

So what happened?
cinder21
Family Member

Post by cinder21 »

Well to be honest I have not been diagnosed as yet but I'm missing upper motor neuron signs such as spacity, balance issues, barbinsky sign etc. for this to be MS. I probably have some form of neuropathy that only seems to affect my motor nerves. I will be investigating shortly but for now i'm convinced it ain't MS or anything that involves upper motor neurons. I also did an MRI which was clear. I know an MRI isn't anywhere near conclusive but it helps. In the past I was so convinced I had MS I was even able to get an appointment with DR.Simka during the earlier days of CCSVI.