Liberation for Ataxia?

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.

Fundraiser for Ataxia - which is VERY CLOSE TO MS

Postby LadyGazelle » Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:01 am

There will be a fundraiser for Ataxia (my husbands two cousins have it) - and he wants me to tell people there about CCSVI - questioning if they may have it.

A newspaper article about the fundraiser says, "It's often misdiagnosed as multiple sclerosis, a disease that attacks the central nervous system which has similar symptoms...

...All proceeds will go to support research efforts at the University of Rochester Movement and Inherited Neurological Disorder Unit."

Does anyone know if the symptoms of "ataxia" are improved with the Liberation Treatment?
LadyGazelle
Family Member

Advertisement

Re: Fundraiser for Ataxia - which is VERY CLOSE TO MS

Postby L » Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:56 am

LadyGazelle wrote:There will be a fundraiser for Ataxia (my husbands two cousins have it) - and he wants me to tell people there about CCSVI - questioning if they may have it.

A newspaper article about the fundraiser says, "It's often misdiagnosed as multiple sclerosis, a disease that attacks the central nervous system which has similar symptoms...

...All proceeds will go to support research efforts at the University of Rochester Movement and Inherited Neurological Disorder Unit."

Does anyone know if the symptoms of "ataxia" are improved with the Liberation Treatment?

I maybe think you pressed the 'reply' button instead of 'post new thread.'

I think some people feel that their balance has been helped, in some cases a great deal, by the treatment.. Hang on, ataxia is more than loss of balance though, no? Perhaps best to start a new thread about this?
L
Family Elder

Re: Fundraiser for Ataxia - which is VERY CLOSE TO MS

Postby NHE » Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:33 am

L wrote:I think some people feel that their balance has been helped, in some cases a great deal, by the treatment.. Hang on, ataxia is more than loss of balance though, no? Perhaps best to start a new thread about this?

Ataxia is defined as an inability to coordinate voluntary muscular movements.

NHE
NHE
Volunteer Moderator

Postby jimmylegs » Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:59 pm

this topic has been split from the dr. sclafani thread due to the general audience nature of the question.

is this a diagnosis of friedreich's ataxia? there seems to be some research linking FA and subaortic stenosis.
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Return to Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)