short blog post made

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
Loobie
Family Elder

short blog post made

Post by Loobie »

I made a quick update today to my blog. I'm eerily stable here in the last few weeks after being a bit out of sorts. And to be that in the heat and humidity we've been having is pretty cool. Sometimes I think because I didn't get the results like some others have gotten that it somehow 'didn't work on me'. But then I look back over the last year and a half and wow, a whole lot has changed for the better and is staying that way. I've not been blogging much because I've been working, living, cussing and discussing. It just sort of hit me; that's the whole fucking point. Sometimes I get in my own way. But I'm doing good and am actually liking the fact that work is stressful and it isn't leaving me quivering in the corner!
BooBear
Family Elder

Post by BooBear »

Amen, Loobie. That's all I really wanted out of the procedure as well- a chance to stop further damage (nothing else has worked) and just live my life again.

It has only been a few days for me, but I can honestly say that I am living my life again. It's great!!!!
Three veins angioplastied.  One renewed life.  
MrSuccess
Family Elder

Post by MrSuccess »

hi lew - good to hear from you ... as always .

CCSVI has come a long way .... since you had the procedure .

Did I hear correctly ? Is Dr. Dake about to start a CCSVI trial ?

From what I can understand ........ you have made some impressive gains in your condition ..... and as we both know .... you are not the most patient guy in the world :wink:

For those of you new to CCSVI and TIMS .... Lew is one of the first people to step up and get CCSVI treatment .... including stents .

If it wasn't for the efforts of these brave medical pioneers ... we would not be in the position we are today .

Good Job .... Loobie :!:

Keep that garden tiller locked up ..... until next year :wink:

Mr. Success
Cece
Family Elder

Post by Cece »

Mr. Success, you mentioned Dake's trial...Dr. Dake talked about his trial at the fundraiser this past weekend. It'll be randomized & blinded but just with an angio group and a control group. No stent group. It will only run for three months and then if there is improvement in the treated group, the treatment will be offered to the control group. On Facebook I caught the number ninety as the number of patients he needs (he's apparently working on his list of patients for the trial, he wants them to be local if possible). That's a nice-sized number! But what I do not know is when he's expecting to begin this trial - does anyone know?
"However, the truth in science ultimately emerges, although sometimes it takes a very long time," Arthur Silverstein, Autoimmunity: A History of the Early Struggle for Recognition