Phoenix Arizona Applicant Package Venous Impairment Program

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.

Phoenix Arizona Applicant Package Venous Impairment Program

Postby Rieja » Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:58 pm

This is West Coast and I am not familiar with the Hospital so if there is anymore info that you guys want to add, please do so.
Here is the pdf they sent me via an email:

Click me!


~Jason
User avatar
Rieja
Family Member
 
Posts: 82
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:00 pm
Location: Pittsburgh PA - USA

Advertisement

Postby Trish317 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:05 pm

This is the group that the Arizona Heart Institute has merged with. Until the merger, the Arizona Heart Institute was planning to begin testing and treatment, and was working on the insurance piece. Now, to my knowledge, this is only for testing and insurance will not be accepted.

I was very disappointed in these recent developments. My darling man was on the waiting list there and in Albany. Given the circumstances in Arizona now, I'm very glad that his appointment came through for Albany.

Although, Dr. Diethrich, the founder of the Arizona Heart Institute, is a world reknowned vascular surgeon. He studied with Dr. Michael Debakey, a pioneer and innovator in the field of cardiovascular surgery.

I hope things work out in Arizona.
User avatar
Trish317
Family Elder
 
Posts: 357
Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2008 2:00 pm
Location: Rhode Island

Postby Cece » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:34 pm

That is heart-breaking. They had an extremely long waiting list. :(
"However, the truth in science ultimately emerges, although sometimes it takes a very long time," Arthur Silverstein, Autoimmunity: A History of the Early Struggle for Recognition
Cece
Family Elder
 
Posts: 9040
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:00 pm

Postby nellie » Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:09 am

I was contacted yesterday by email by Phoenix, Arizona where I was on thier waiting list. I was told they are only doing it on a out of pocket payment plan. No insurance. I didn't understand this as I don't know why they can't bill insurance. I, also, asked about they opinion on being at risk to be shut down with the IRB and their email response was, "I hope not." It concerns me. I hope this will change as time goes on.
User avatar
nellie
Family Member
 
Posts: 95
Joined: Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:00 pm

Postby notadoc » Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:16 am

The cover letter that I received yesterday from LifeGuard states:

"If intervention is indicated, you will have the option to schedule your procedure for the next working day (Monday-Friday only)."

I understand this to mean that both testing and treatment are available.
User avatar
notadoc
Getting to Know You...
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:00 pm
Location: Denver

Postby Trish317 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:53 pm

notadoc wrote:The cover letter that I received yesterday from LifeGuard states:

"If intervention is indicated, you will have the option to schedule your procedure for the next working day (Monday-Friday only)."

I understand this to mean that both testing and treatment are available.


That's good because, initially, it was testing only. Things seem to change daily.

I did alot of research on Dr. Diethrich and, as I said, his credentials are very impressive.
User avatar
Trish317
Family Elder
 
Posts: 357
Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2008 2:00 pm
Location: Rhode Island

Postby Blaze » Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:51 am

It is my understanding that treatment will be offered if tests are positive for CCSVI.

I am on the list for Arizona, but have decided not to proceed. The cost for tests is $2700. They will not accept the tests I have already had which confirm CCSVI. My Doppler was done at Barrie Vascular Imaging by the first technologist in North America to have trained with Dr. Zamboni. My MRV was done acording to Haacke protocol. So, it seems to me unecesseary step and expense to repeat these.

Cost of treatment is $7000.

I will await my turn in Albany. By the time they get to me, they will be well experienced. I will also continue to hope Dr. McDonald or others in Canada will be able to get studies/treatment underway here.

LifeGuard is requesting a $300 non-refundable deposit with the application. Although this is not a large amount, I have concerns because of Arizona Heath Institute filing for bankruptcy protection. However, another member of thisisms has researched this and seems quite confident about the the clinical, financial and legal standings of LifeGuard.

Any one who does undergo testing or treatment in Arizona, please keep us all informed.
User avatar
Blaze
Family Elder
 
Posts: 405
Joined: Sun Jun 27, 2010 2:00 pm

Postby AudreyRose » Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:11 am

After researching different locations and going through the application process (which was not complicated, just a bunch of forms), we just booked my wife for testing and treatment (if testing shows blockage) for January 2011.

I did not know about the bancruptcy situation until yesterday, so am checking into it today.

However, at this point, we are going ahead. Have paid $300 deposit at time of booking. Other costs will be $2200 for testing and if appropriate, another $6000 for the treatment (extra $2000 if stents needed, but not usually).

We were also checking Albany, since it is closer (we're in Toronto area) but it looked like they are doing some kind of blind study, where after testing, some of the patients get the treatment and some get a placebo treatment. We wanted to ensure the treatment is done, so decided on Arizona.
User avatar
AudreyRose
Newbie
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:00 pm

Postby Trish317 » Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:27 am

AudreyRose wrote:After researching different locations and going through the application process (which was not complicated, just a bunch of forms), we just booked my wife for testing and treatment (if testing shows blockage) for January 2011.

I did not know about the bancruptcy situation until yesterday, so am checking into it today.

However, at this point, we are going ahead. Have paid $300 deposit at time of booking. Other costs will be $2200 for testing and if appropriate, another $6000 for the treatment (extra $2000 if stents needed, but not usually).

We were also checking Albany, since it is closer (we're in Toronto area) but it looked like they are doing some kind of blind study, where after testing, some of the patients get the treatment and some get a placebo treatment. We wanted to ensure the treatment is done, so decided on Arizona.


If you're referring to Community Care, in Albany, as far as I know, the study is only being done with local participants. All others receive testing and treatment. However, they do have an extensive waiting list.
User avatar
Trish317
Family Elder
 
Posts: 357
Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2008 2:00 pm
Location: Rhode Island


Return to Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

 


  • Related topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users


Contact us | Terms of Service