After Liberation

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
alanya

After Liberation

Post by alanya »

Hi All,

I'm just looking for some information. I got liberated on june 22 in Sofia. Has anyone stopped taking their ms drugs after getting the procedure? I was on the betaferon injections. I am still on the drugs from bulgaria for another few months.
BooBear
Family Elder

Post by BooBear »

I actually stopped all my drugs before my procedure and have no intentions of returning to those drugs. I stress, though, that was a personal decision I made based upon my own experience.

None of the drugs had really slowed the progression of the disease for me, so I decided it was silly to keep taking them. :)
Three veins angioplastied.  One renewed life.  
Rosegirl
Family Elder

Drugs

Post by Rosegirl »

My neurologist was in favor of my having a venagram. He had also wanted me to stop taking Tysabri and switch to something else.

Since I only have problems walking and the venagram unblocked my azygos, I suggested that I could stop Tysabri since I obviously had a vascular problem. He agreed that I could stop for 6 months and see what happens.

The venagram did nothing to help my walking. I believe it was because the IR did a very conservative treatment, and I'm looking for another IR. In the meantime, I'm still on Ampyra and LDN.

Return to “Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)”