Guillain–Barré syndrome

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.

Guillain–Barré syndrome

Postby 1eye » Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:32 pm

My friend has a soccer-playing 19 yr old son who has been diagnosed with this. They want to give him the standard plasmapheresis and immunoglobulins. His mother has dormant CIS. I guess it gets priority treatment; he is still in hospital.

It is said to be triggered by an EBV infection. (too many Barr(e)s) He just had mono.

I don't want to make trouble for anyone here; does anyone here know if this is possibly treatable also with Liberation? I'd be obliged.
The bottom line on MS is,,. They don't know what causes it. So they can't treat it. And this BUGS THEM.

I am not a doctor. Do not take anything I say as medical advice.
1eye
Family Elder

Advertisement

Postby Rieja » Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:43 pm

My father has it currently. I also know 3 people that had it in the past. I do not know enough about it to claim any CCSVI link.

I do know that the 3 people that had it, all recovered. It just takes a long time. My father is doing well also but we think it will be about a year before he recovers fully. Everyone says it just a long recovery process.

(for those keeping tabs on me: me=MS, one bro=AVM in head resulting in stroke at age 33, father=GBS - all Dx in less than year. It's a good time in my family :P )
Rieja
Family Member

Return to Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)