Tysabri video and ccsvi

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
kirch86

Tysabri video and ccsvi

Post by kirch86 »

Our neuro mentioned that if copaxone isn't working then she wants us to go with tysabri. So naturally I looked into it a little more to see how it works and found this video: <shortened url>

After watching this it only strengthens my feelings towards ccsvi. I am a mechanic by trade so i typically think of problems with a mechanical mindset. Take a garden hose and put a pin hole in it. Turn the water on and see how much water comes out of it. Now kink the line after the pin hole and see how much water comes out. Any fluid will take the path of least resistance. I know it isn't exactly the same but I feel it still relates. I just found it interesting and thought others might too.

Laugh for the day. Say it out loud and think about it. . .

knock, knock

who's there?

I eat mop!

I eat mop who?
orion98665
Family Elder

Re: Tysabri video and ccsvi

Post by orion98665 »

kirch86 wrote:Our neuro mentioned that if copaxone isn't working then she wants us to go with tysabri. So naturally I looked into it a little more to see how it works and found this video: <shortened url>

After watching this it only strengthens my feelings towards ccsvi. I am a mechanic by trade so i typically think of problems with a mechanical mindset. Take a garden hose and put a pin hole in it. Turn the water on and see how much water comes out of it. Now kink the line after the pin hole and see how much water comes out. Any fluid will take the path of least resistance. I know it isn't exactly the same but I feel it still relates. I just found it interesting and thought others might too.

Laugh for the day. Say it out loud and think about it. . .

knock, knock

who's there?

I eat mop!

I eat mop who?
Kirch86, welcome to the forum. What got my attention is the possible side
affect warnings. People have died from this brain infection yet i bet you
won't here about this in the "Wall Street Journal" unlike the negative
article they put out on CCSVI. "Hmm makes you wonder!"

Anyhow, i agree with your concept that's why i hope REALLY hope that
CCSVI will be approved and be another form of treatment to fight this
disease.
Dave_NC
Getting to Know You...

Post by Dave_NC »

Here is a report that was hidden in a stock report.

Biogen: 3 More Brain Infections, 1 More Death In Tysabri Users:

<shortened url>
Learning and living everyday to the fullest. dx'd Oct. 2008. On the list for Liberation!
http://www.liberatedave.com http://mylifewms.blogspot.com
sbr487
Family Elder

Post by sbr487 »

Had it not been for PML, I think tsyabri would have been a wonderful drug for MS no doubt ...

In fact, scientists would have not even imagined that JC virus is probably getting into the brain of almost every MS patient and its only the immune system that is cleaning it.
A new scientific truth does not triumph by convincing its opponents and making them see the light, but rather because its opponents eventually die and a new generation grows up that is familiar with it
- Max Planck
Blaze
Family Elder

Post by Blaze »

In the link Dave_NC has posted, Dow Jones newswire reports 58 cases of brain infection and 12 deaths.

Dow Jones newswire says "The number of cases are important because if the infection rate raises (sic) too high, sales of the drug may drop."

Strange, I thought "the number of cases are important" because of the seriousness of brain infection--including death. But maybe that's just my brain fog (that's not influenced by any drugs) thinking.

Or, perhaps the infections and deaths are merely a placebo effect.

Many of the neuros who call CCVSI treatement "too risky" are continuing to prescribe Tysbari. Go figure.
garyak
Family Elder

Post by garyak »

The Neuro I saw at The Jacobs Neurological Institute in Buffalo last week also wants me off copaxone and to be put on Tysabri. For my terrible spinal cord MS he says copaxone is like using a water pistol to fight against a machine gun. He said there is a simple blood test to see if you have any JC virus antibodies before being put on Tysabri.
FYI he was very impressive and spent 100 minutes with me reviewing the results of my research findings for the study down there and discussing my case with me. He also recommended a catheter venogram to investigate some of their findings.
Dave_NC
Getting to Know You...

Post by Dave_NC »

Blaze wrote:Or, perhaps the infections and deaths are merely a placebo effect.
LMAO......... :lol:
Learning and living everyday to the fullest. dx'd Oct. 2008. On the list for Liberation!
http://www.liberatedave.com http://mylifewms.blogspot.com
Blaze
Family Elder

Post by Blaze »

Well, the investment gurus are at it again. Here updated information from Dow Jones newswire and Fox Business reporting that there are now five more cases of brain infection in users of Tysabri.

http://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/2010 ... -patients/

Once again in their update, they say this "is important because if the infection rate climbs too high, the drug's sales growth may drop."

But, of course, CCSVI is "too risky" and "too experimental." One physician called overseas threatment "robbery." And what is prescribing or selling drugs for about $40,000 per year that now have 63 cases of brain infection and 12 deaths?
Vhoenecke
Family Elder

Post by Vhoenecke »

I went off copaxone as it doesn't work which has been proven time and time again. I had angioplasty for CCSVI, stopped Copaxone and began LDN (generic drug which shows promise for MS and no devastating side effects). All the best to you and remember drugs just get the rich richer. I find that in the US the doctors are terrible with prescribing a ridiculous amount of drugs for MS. Now we know why it isn't on the news there about CCSVI because the Pharma companies have big advertising on all the major networks. Sad situation. Get treatment and you won't look back.

Val