Percentage of people helped by Liberation therapy?

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.

Percentage of people helped by Liberation therapy?

Postby David1949 » Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:33 pm

I'm new to this site so please excuse me if this topic has been raised before. It seems that quite a few people here have had the Liberation procedure. Some have improved and some have not. Has anyone tallied up the numbers to see what percentage have experienced improvements?
David1949
Family Elder

Postby Cece » Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:54 pm

We could tally the tracking thread but not everyone posts their info. It's also easier, I think, to share the positive than the negative, so it might skew positive? Our best percentages are the ones that Dr. Siskin gave: 2/3rds have improvements either minor or major, 1/3rd did not have improvements. This was from when he'd done about 100 at his group, so a pretty large sample size.
Cece
Family Elder

Postby David1949 » Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:12 pm

Cece
Thanks for that info. A 2/3 chance of at least some improvement sounds really good, vs no chance if nothing is done.
David1949
Family Elder

Postby Rokkit » Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:10 am

Cece wrote:Our best percentages are the ones that Dr. Siskin gave: 2/3rds have improvements either minor or major, 1/3rd did not have improvements. This was from when he'd done about 100 at his group, so a pretty large sample size.

That just shows 1/3rd are better at controlling their placebo response. :wink:
Rokkit
Family Elder

Postby MS_HOPE » Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:20 am

It seems that some of those who experienced no improvement over the short term, might still show some improvements over time, based on some accounts here and elsewhere. Can't wait to see more data, though!
CCSVI:  Making Sense of MS
MS_HOPE
Family Elder

Return to Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)