interesting views

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
costumenastional
Family Elder

interesting views

Post by costumenastional »

gibbledygook
Family Elder

Post by gibbledygook »

Great find! His viewpoint is most interesting and certainly worth more research.
3 years antibiotics, 06/09 bilateral jug stents at C1, 05/11 ballooning of both jug valves, 07/12 stenting of renal vein, azygos & jug valve ballooning,
costumenastional
Family Elder

I think that MS or whatever one may call it can be caused by various factors.
This is why some of us dont have CCSVI for instance.
He has a fairly good blog and he is kind enough to answer to questions scientificaly.
sbr487
Family Elder

Post by sbr487 »

I am not sure if I agree with him. How does one explain spine lesions if one goes by his theory?
A new scientific truth does not triumph by convincing its opponents and making them see the light, but rather because its opponents eventually die and a new generation grows up that is familiar with it
- Max Planck
costumenastional
Family Elder

sbr487 wrote:I am not sure if I agree with him. How does one explain spine lesions if one goes by his theory?
http://uprightdoctor.wordpress.com/abou ... comment-17

read the whole blog. it s a good read but of course it doesnt address to the majority of MS patients. just another non immune related option. nothing new. a reminder maybe. a reminder that many things can be wrong and interferons are not the way to fix em.
Last edited by costumenastional on Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
PCakes
Family Elder

Post by PCakes »

costumenastional wrote:I think that MS or whatever one may call it can be caused by various factors.
This is why some of us dont have CCSVI for instance.
agreed.. and yes, good find!
Funny to see other disciplines now fighting for the rights of ccsvi ownership.
I think this theory has validity and could stand on it's own as yet another contributor. No need to drag Zamboni down?
costumenastional
Family Elder

I agree.
Nevertheless, it s blood flow related and i think i ll check it out for myself. Especially because my MS is atypical with demyalination only in my cervical spinal cord. After CCSVI it s the next logical step for me since there are findings in my MRIs suggesting that ther is something wrong with my spinal cord. Something that every neuro i have visited failed to mention as something significant.
sbr487
Family Elder

Post by sbr487 »

No need to drag Zamboni down?
Exactly.
Costume, thats what I meant. He seems to suggest that CCSVI & his theory are mutually exclusive. Thats what I meant when I said I dont agree. I am sure CCSVI might not be the cause of every MS.
A new scientific truth does not triumph by convincing its opponents and making them see the light, but rather because its opponents eventually die and a new generation grows up that is familiar with it
- Max Planck
costumenastional
Family Elder

SB, i know we are on the same page here as always. Just wanted to show that he has some answers in his pocket, that's all. But to be honest, i dont think he keeps an aggressive stand towards Zamboni whatsoever. If you read thoroughly you ll see that he just happens to prefer his explanation. No big deal. As long as he doesnt propose more chemo for us...
Both of them, along with a ferw others are on the right track (i really really hope), that's all there is to it.
PCakes
Family Elder

Post by PCakes »

costumenastional wrote: Something that every neuro i have visited failed to mention as something significant.
Well before CCSVI I suggested to my neuro that I was able to resolve some of my symptoms, numbness in particular, by correcting my posture. Simply sitting up straight. He laughed at me.. sigh
I see a pattern of symptoms that could be tied to brain stem malfunction as those commonly resolved by angioplasty...
MS_HOPE
Family Elder

Post by MS_HOPE »

Very interesting to me, especially since my father had Parkinson's disease and my mother normal pressure hydrocephalus. No MS in my very large extended family though.

Several years before my MS diagnosis, I had partial numbness in one leg resolve right on the chiropractor's table, on my second visit. (The first visit produced the most intense headache I've ever had.) Many more chiro visits over the years, pre-MS-dx, of dubious help. I'd attributed the chiro effect to relieving pressure on a nerve, but perhaps it was a vertebra causing stenosis of a vein? Who knows? (I'm waiting to be screened for CCSVI at this point.)

I should mention that I also experienced improved sensation in one foot on the way home from having one quadrant of my dental amalgams (think mercury) removed.

MS is definitely multi-factorial, and not the same for everyone with the diagnosis. That much is certain. So we keep exploring, and trying things that Make Sense.

Thanks for posting this link! The more we learn, the better.
CCSVI:  Making Sense of MS
blossom
Family Elder

brain

Post by blossom »

very good info. i agree with pcakes. this makes a lot of sence and i did not take it that he is bad mouthing. when i would try to get answers about things that had to do with a certain movement that made me worse or the blood flow issues to a neuro. the response was usually so iggnorant that if my hands were working better a good slap upside the neuro.'s head would have really made me feel better than any drug they wanted to put me on. so, i guess if we can afford to and are still able we check these things out. wouldn't it be nice to get a group of open minded dr.'s that are experts in their fields to come together in one building, one goal, willing to listen to one another, listen to us, have the best imaging equipment, the best of everything, work on us, study us the way they should,check out each ones treatments fine tune things-i'll bet the money it would take to do this would be a drop in the bucket to what is spent separately all over the place. and the cure would be sooner. "well, i can dream big if i want to." because this is a nightmare.
PCakes
Family Elder

Post by PCakes »

Blossom.. some dreams come true :) http://www.isnvd.org/
1eye
Family Elder

Post by 1eye »

I just got home from Albany. My drop-foot and weak leg and weak arm and weak fingers did not get better overnight.

My ears are still ringing. No bad tinnitus, but still annoying.

My vision is better. Not as cross-eyed.

Weird thing is: when I woke up, I didn't feel sick anymore. It has been a very very long long time since I have felt like that. I still do.

Left IJV was ballooned heavily because it was a reticent little beggar. right IJV was ballooned and didn't give much trouble. Same with azygous. No Budd-Chiari or May-Thurner. BUT my foot fits a lot better into my shoe (it was getting to be a tight fit).

Veins being veins, I am scared of re-stenosis.

I figure a lot of years of good blood-flow are needed to address the remaining difficulties. Same to you, Blossom. Keep working on it. No instruction book this time. Lots of luck and keep trying.
This unit of entertainment not brought to you by FREMULON.
Not a doctor.
"I'm still here, how 'bout that? I may have lost my lunchbox, but I'm still here." John Cowan Hartford (December 30, 1937 – June 4, 2001)
blossom
Family Elder

veins

Post by blossom »

glad you got it done 1eye. the best of everything and healing sent your way. please keep us updated.