Anybody had surgery with Dr. Arata--California???

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
pollyanna
Family Member

Dr arata and bookings

Post by pollyanna »

Had a phone call this am suggesting the bottlenecked stenosis may be opening at PI..re scheduling in California. For those of us waiting we should see openings in a couple of weeks......keep the faith
Jugular
Family Elder

Re: Dr arata and bookings

Post by Jugular »

pollyanna wrote:Had a phone call this am suggesting the bottlenecked stenosis may be opening at PI..re scheduling in California. For those of us waiting we should see openings in a couple of weeks......keep the faith
<tucking away appointment stenosis angioplasty balloon> Post dates when you get them!
pollyanna
Family Member

Dr arata

Post by pollyanna »

Jugular you are too cool for school....will post dates and info as the damn bursts and the info starts flowing again
Cece
Family Elder

Post by Cece »

Let us hope the schedule does not restenose!! :D
Jugular
Family Elder

Post by Jugular »

I got a December date. Anyone else have any luck?
pollyanna
Family Member

Dr arata bookings

Post by pollyanna »

Jugular.........what a terrific Christmas present......me.......February,now by request, hoping for Chinese New Year or ......
Valentines day.......there are folks down there now....sending our best thoughts.......
Jugular
Family Elder

Re: Dr arata bookings

Post by Jugular »

pollyanna wrote:Jugular.........what a terrific Christmas present......me.......February,now by request, hoping for Chinese New Year or ......
Valentines day.......there are folks down there now....sending our best thoughts.......
Hey thanks pollyanna! I like the idea of Valentine's Day since a good heart is needed for good blood flow and a good heart is needed to have the courage to have this procedure done. Anyway, I'll warm up the balloons for you. :lol:
Music
Family Elder

Post by Music »

Hi everyone,

tiredloulou had her Liberation surgery last week with Dr. Arata. Ballooning was performed on both jugulars and a stent placed in her left one as it would not stay open.

She says she has better balance, circulation, feels stronger, no headaches and can walk 5 feet assisted.

Wishing you continued improvement lou!
pollyanna
Family Member

Dr arata

Post by pollyanna »

Thanks Music.....Yeah Lou...you did it and now the healing begins...love and humor to a brave soul...P
fogdweller
Family Elder

Re: Surgery with Dr.Arata in California

Post by fogdweller »

lovebug wrote:Well I had the CCSVI surgery with Dr.Arata. I can`t say enough about the dedication that this doctor shows towards his understanding of CCSVI and his attemps to help MS patients with vein problems. His staff was excellent! I feel that if you have made an appointment with Dr.Arata you will be in good hands...............
I had surgery with the Pacific Interventionalists, but not Dr. Arata but one of his associates, and not at the hopspital but at a clinic. My experience was apparently VERY different and I would advise caustion. I will try to give a more detailed and factual account sometime soon.
phe
Getting to Know You...

Post by phe »

Please do...I'm just about to put down a ddeposit....
Music
Family Elder

Re: Surgery with Dr.Arata in California

Post by Music »

fogdweller wrote:
lovebug wrote:Well I had the CCSVI surgery with Dr.Arata. I can`t say enough about the dedication that this doctor shows towards his understanding of CCSVI and his attemps to help MS patients with vein problems. His staff was excellent! I feel that if you have made an appointment with Dr.Arata you will be in good hands...............
I had surgery with the Pacific Interventionalists, but not Dr. Arata but one of his associates, and not at the hopspital but at a clinic. My experience was apparently VERY different and I would advise caustion. I will try to give a more detailed and factual account sometime soon.

Hi fogdweller.

Sorry that you did not have a positive experience with Pacific Interventionalists as most of us have. I don't know where you are from but have only heard of one person that went to a hosp as she lives in the States and had insurance - the rest of us went to a clinic.

I had Dr. Arata but know of one person who had an associate and she was quite pleased.

Hope you voiced your concerns and that we hear only positive experiences from here on.

Take care.
Cece
Family Elder

Post by Cece »

How are you doing now, fogdweller? You had posted about possible restenosis. Were you able to get that looked at? All the best.
pollyanna
Family Member

Surgery with. Dr arata

Post by pollyanna »

Fogdweller...so sorry you had a negative experience. But, I ask out of kindness,why did you say you would explain later?
Some of us thought that ,perhaps,you were too fatigued or physically unable to continue.
We are all vulnerable,but we search for info and you left us hanging.
With respect, P
Cece
Family Elder

Post by Cece »

It can take some effort to write up a full account and present it fairly. No rush, fogdweller. But you have obviously raised interest here.