Clinical Trials- Saskatchewan

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
thornyrose76
Family Elder

Clinical Trials- Saskatchewan

Post by thornyrose76 »

For the proposed clinical trials in Saskatchewan: How would that work- do you have to reside in Saskatchewan to participate, or is it open to Canadians, or maybe to strictly Sask and neighboring provinces? If you participate, do you know 100% that you are getting the angioplasty? Or are you led to believe that you are getting the angioplasty when in fact you are not, a blinded study sort of thing?
Blaze
Family Elder

Post by Blaze »

The criteria for the studies have not yet been determined. I saw Brad Wall (Sask Premier) on CTV yesterday. He said they are expecting researchers in Saskatchewan will apply for the research funding. He didn't specifically say participants would have to be residents of Sask, so I don't know if that will be a requirement.

The interviewer was a bit confrontational with him, suggesting trials would not be able to proceed because neurologists insist CCSVI treatment is not safe. Brad Wall said there are neurologists with other opinions. Unfortunately, there as no mention of VS or IR doing the trials, which makes me very nervous.

Brad Wall made it very clear he does not need the approval of the federal government to proceed with trials.

If only Dr. McDonald were in Saskatchewan. He is ready to go with a very comprehensive study if he can get approval and funding. But, Dr. McDonald is in Ontario, which has said it will not fund trials. Saskatchewan has the funding, but researchers there (like Dr. Knox) are leading the charge against it.

And, once again, we're caught in the middle!
thornyrose76
Family Elder

Post by thornyrose76 »

I'm on the waiting list for Albany but the cost, I can't afford . But I"m 34 yrs old and I;;ve been in a wheelchair since 26 and so i Hope tht I get at least some benefit. Vote liberal next election, period, that's what I"m doing. They support CCSVI treatment, in Canada
millertime
Getting to Know You...

Post by millertime »

thornyrose76 wrote:I'm on the waiting list for Albany but the cost, I can't afford . But I"m 34 yrs old and I;;ve been in a wheelchair since 26 and so i Hope tht I get at least some benefit. Vote liberal next election, period, that's what I"m doing. They support CCSVI treatment, in Canada
Lets not turn this into a Political debate.

Sask party in Saskatchewan are moving forward ahead of any other province and they are equal to the Conservatives. Liberals in Ontario are against CCSVI testing. There are people in all political spectrums that both support and those who do not support CCSVI. It is easy to talk the talk when one is not in power...but Walking the walk has proven to be a bit harder-for all political parties.
thornyrose76
Family Elder

Post by thornyrose76 »

I'm going to the USA- bottom line.
garyak
Family Elder

Post by garyak »

millertime wrote:
thornyrose76 wrote:I'm on the waiting list for Albany but the cost, I can't afford . But I"m 34 yrs old and I;;ve been in a wheelchair since 26 and so i Hope tht I get at least some benefit. Vote liberal next election, period, that's what I"m doing. They support CCSVI treatment, in Canada
Lets not turn this into a Political debate.

Sask party in Saskatchewan are moving forward ahead of any other province and they are equal to the Conservatives. Liberals in Ontario are against CCSVI testing. There are people in all political spectrums that both support and those who do not support CCSVI. It is easy to talk the talk when one is not in power...but Walking the walk has proven to be a bit harder-for all political parties.
This IS a very large political debate !