My First Post-Liberation MRI and Check-up

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.

My First Post-Liberation MRI and Check-up

Postby BooBear » Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:32 am

Well, we have mixed results.

My MRI showed one new active lesion; hard to tell whether this lesion occurred before my Aug. 13 liberation, but since it is currently active I would wager it is more recent. Since I have been plagued by pretty nasty headaches recently, I am going to go ahead and attribute those to the new lesion. Not discouraged, though- if you have been following my posts, I have had four new lesions in the past year without a concurrent relapse. And I am not relapsing now.

My physical check-up, though, was interesting. My EDSS score is 0. My neuro said it was "like examining someone who did not have MS at all." Strength in arms and legs improved, balance improved, vision normal, etc.

So while I would have preferred no new lesions, I can't deny the improvements physically. I have also started a workout routine every day- it's easy to work out now that nothing hurts.

We'll wait and see. At the end of the day, there is a lot of debate over lesions and the association with disease progression. There was a lot of debris in my brain- perhaps my body is just trying to get out the remainder- LOL!!!!

I hope everyone is having a great weekend!
Three veins angioplastied.  One renewed life.  
BooBear
Family Elder

Advertisement

Postby Daisy3 » Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:33 am

Were you RRMS?

Congrats:-)
Daisy3
Family Elder

Re: My First Post-Liberation MRI and Check-up

Postby sbr487 » Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:16 am

BooBear wrote:Well, we have mixed results.

My MRI showed one new active lesion; hard to tell whether this lesion occurred before my Aug. 13 liberation, but since it is currently active I would wager it is more recent. Since I have been plagued by pretty nasty headaches recently, I am going to go ahead and attribute those to the new lesion. Not discouraged, though- if you have been following my posts, I have had four new lesions in the past year without a concurrent relapse. And I am not relapsing now.

My physical check-up, though, was interesting. My EDSS score is 0. My neuro said it was "like examining someone who did not have MS at all." Strength in arms and legs improved, balance improved, vision normal, etc.

So while I would have preferred no new lesions, I can't deny the improvements physically. I have also started a workout routine every day- it's easy to work out now that nothing hurts.

We'll wait and see. At the end of the day, there is a lot of debate over lesions and the association with disease progression. There was a lot of debris in my brain- perhaps my body is just trying to get out the remainder- LOL!!!!

I hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Your neurologist acknowledging improvements after CCSVI ... is he from Mars?
A new scientific truth does not triumph by convincing its opponents and making them see the light, but rather because its opponents eventually die and a new generation grows up that is familiar with it
- Max Planck
sbr487
Family Elder

Postby Cece » Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:33 am

EDSS of zero is fantastic. Congrats. Hope the lesion and headache resolve quickly for you.
Cece
Family Elder

Postby garyak » Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:11 pm

What was the EDSS prior?
garyak
Family Elder

Postby BooBear » Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:11 am

My EDSS prior was a 1.0- not bad at all.

Oh, and my neuro had no idea I had the procedure done. :)
BooBear
Family Elder

Postby bigfoot14 » Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:01 am

BooBear wrote:My EDSS prior was a 1.0- not bad at all.

Oh, and my neuro had no idea I had the procedure done. :)

So did you tell him/her that you had it done, and if so, what was the reaction?
bigfoot14
Family Elder

Postby BooBear » Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:56 am

I did not tell my neuro that I had anything done. He was already prejudiced against CCSVI in the first place (same typical response with incorrect statements).

But it was interesting to pass the physical tests with flying colors.
BooBear
Family Elder

Return to Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)