Stented vein narrower - Is it normal??

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.

Stented vein narrower - Is it normal??

Postby Nasti » Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:05 pm

I had my 3 months check up post-op. After the procedure, my left ballooned vein was 3.5 mm and my right stented vein was 6 mm. Now, they both are 4.5 mm. Is it normal for the stented veins to shrink???
User avatar
Nasti
Family Elder
 
Posts: 115
Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:00 pm

Advertisement

Re: Stented vein narrower - Is it normal??

Postby dania » Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:55 am

Nasti wrote:I had my 3 months check up post-op. After the procedure, my left ballooned vein was 3.5 mm and my right stented vein was 6 mm. Now, they both are 4.5 mm. Is it normal for the stented veins to shrink???

My stented vein stenosed 1 week after treatment. And the other 2 which had an original stenosis of 70% and 80% were now 99%.
User avatar
dania
Family Elder
 
Posts: 1083
Joined: Wed May 12, 2010 3:00 pm
Location: St Lazare Quebec

Re: Stented vein narrower - Is it normal??

Postby Donnchadh » Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:03 am

dania wrote:
Nasti wrote:I had my 3 months check up post-op. After the procedure, my left ballooned vein was 3.5 mm and my right stented vein was 6 mm. Now, they both are 4.5 mm. Is it normal for the stented veins to shrink???

My stented vein stenosed 1 week after treatment. And the other 2 which had an original stenosis of 70% and 80% were now 99%.


This has me confused...I thought the whole purpose of implanting stents was to have a mechanical device which could resist the inward pressure of the blood vessel walls. I wonder if the inner vessel wall cells could grow that fast...in just one week? Or did the stent itself collapse?

What can done for you? Are the stents stretchable?

Donnchadh
Kitty says, "Take that, you stenosis!"

Got MS?.....Get Liberated!
User avatar
Donnchadh
Family Elder
 
Posts: 512
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:00 pm

Re: Stented vein narrower - Is it normal??

Postby dania » Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:15 am

Donnchadh wrote:
dania wrote:
Nasti wrote:I had my 3 months check up post-op. After the procedure, my left ballooned vein was 3.5 mm and my right stented vein was 6 mm. Now, they both are 4.5 mm. Is it normal for the stented veins to shrink???

My stented vein stenosed 1 week after treatment. And the other 2 which had an original stenosis of 70% and 80% were now 99%.


This has me confused...I thought the whole purpose of implanting stents was to have a mechanical device which could resist the inward pressure of the blood vessel walls. I wonder if the inner vessel wall cells could grow that fast...in just one week? Or did the stent itself collapse?

What can done for you? Are the stents stretchable?

Donnchadh

The stenosis in my stented vein was just beyond the stent. Not in the stent.
User avatar
dania
Family Elder
 
Posts: 1083
Joined: Wed May 12, 2010 3:00 pm
Location: St Lazare Quebec


Return to Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

 


  • Related topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users