Is Finasteride (Propecia) in anyway bad for CCSVI or MS?

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.

Is Finasteride (Propecia) in anyway bad for CCSVI or MS?

Postby adamt » Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:43 pm

Hi,
Last month i had balloon angio of both IJVs.

As my hair is thinning/receeding a bit and my father is bald, im planning to start taking Finasteride (Propecia) to stop the thinning/balding process.
the dose is 1mg daily.

Finasteride is a synthetic antiandrogen that acts by inhibiting type II 5-alpha reductase, the enzyme that converts testosterone to dihydrotestosterone (DHT). Finasteride was initially approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in 1992 under the brand name Proscar, a treatment for benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH). In 1997, the FDA approved finasteride to treat male pattern baldness (MPB) under the brand name Propecia.

My doctor says its ok to take, but I wanted other opinions as he doesnt know anything about CCSVI

- i take 2mg ldn every night and every morning 75mg aspirin for the next 5 months

Does anyone know if Finasteride 1mg daily will have any adverse effect on CCSVI or the veins in general, and MS?

thanks
Last edited by adamt on Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
adamt
Family Elder

Postby 1eye » Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:31 pm

Why bother with expensive drugs? The human body is known to react to Low Dose Naltrexone (LDN) by upregulating certain enzymes (endomorphins excepted) like FSH, which will make your hair grow.

Since I have not seen it described anywhere else as such, I take credit for discovering the use of LDN as a hair-restoring agent.

Another enzyme that is upregulated is LH or Luteinizing hormone. This is also used in hair growth. I claim the discovery of LDN for this use and for upregulation of FSH and LH for purposes of hair restoring. I allow this use by anybody without compensation to me.

So try LDN. Worked for me.
"Try - Just A Little Bit Harder" - Janis Joplin
CCSVI procedure Albany Aug 2010
'MS' is over - if you want it
Patients sans/without patience
1eye
Family Elder

Postby adamt » Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:37 am

thanks but ive been taking LDN for the last 3 years and over the last 6 months my hair has receded and thinned, so it must not have the same affect on me
adamt
Family Elder

Postby 1eye » Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:10 am

Then here is your money back. :D It's just one of he things I and a few other people noticed around the time I was on it back in 2004. I was not on it long enough to see if it was long-lasting but I have noticed people known to be on it that have fairly luxuriant hair for their age.
"Try - Just A Little Bit Harder" - Janis Joplin
CCSVI procedure Albany Aug 2010
'MS' is over - if you want it
Patients sans/without patience
1eye
Family Elder

Postby adamt » Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:00 am

So does anyone else know if Finasteride 1mg daily will have any adverse effect on CCSVI or the veins in general, and MS - Central Nervous System?
adamt
Family Elder

Postby esta » Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:50 am

we're lucky for CCSVI, why chance it???????????? i'm not going bald, so its just my opinion.

1eye why did you stop LDN?
esta
Family Elder

Postby adamt » Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:14 am

so does anyone believe that by taking propecia will in anyway affect my veins/Central nervous system?
adamt
Family Elder

Return to Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)