J K Rowling donation for the neuros

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.

J K Rowling donation for the neuros

Postby frodo » Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:40 am

I don't know the position of the University of Edinburgh about CCSVI, but I would say that most of the researches there are neuros.

JK Rowling, Harry Potter writer, has just donated 10 milion pounds. Let's hope that at least they won't use it against us.

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/199611.php
frodo
Family Elder

Advertisement

Postby Cece » Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:16 pm

It's a fantastic donation. She is a brilliant, creative, generous woman whose mother died of MS at the age of forty-five. (So young.) I think either JKR has not heard of CCSVI or she is dubious but I also think that it will only be a matter of time until CCSVI proves out. And even if her donation misses the mark, if CCSVI is where it's at and neurology is not, she is definitely on the side of MSers.
Cece
Family Elder

Postby val57gal » Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:35 pm

I talked about this on another thread, but JKR recently pulled a lot of her support away from the MS Society of Scotland, possibly due to political resistance to new ideas. Whatever she's supporting, I would expect it to be a little more open-minded than some run-of-the-mill neuros we're seeing.
val57gal
Family Member

Postby scorpion » Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:43 pm

val57gal wrote:I talked about this on another thread, but JKR recently pulled a lot of her support away from the MS Society of Scotland, possibly due to political resistance to new ideas. Whatever she's supporting, I would expect it to be a little more open-minded than some run-of-the-mill neuros we're seeing.

Lord Voldemert made her do it! 8O
scorpion
Family Elder

Postby val57gal » Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:46 pm

Actually, I'm thinking more of Lucius Malfoy in the evil role here--he's always looking to make a buck (or pound). He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named would just give us all the old Avada Kedavra.
val57gal
Family Member

Postby scorpion » Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:13 pm

val57gal wrote:Actually, I'm thinking more of Lucius Malfoy in the evil role here--he's always looking to make a buck (or pound). He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named would just give us all the old Avada Kedavra.

:lol:
scorpion
Family Elder

Return to Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)