Jordan study

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.

Jordan study

Postby sbr487 » Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:39 am

Looking at the Jordan CCSVI paper, I had couple of questions from page 118, distribution of abnor... graph:

1- does this graph mean that they found '0' patients w/ RIJV stenosis?
2- compared to what has been generally seen on this forum, is it not strange that they found a total of only 2 patients with stenosis issues
A new scientific truth does not triumph by convincing its opponents and making them see the light, but rather because its opponents eventually die and a new generation grows up that is familiar with it
- Max Planck
sbr487
Family Elder

Advertisement

Postby L » Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:07 am

I only have access to the overview and the 17 page pdf..

Testing 20 CDMS patient and 20 controls, using Dr. Zamboni's protocol- found jugular stenosis/regurgitation of blood in 90% of MS patients.

Where is this document that you are referring to?

Thanks.
L
Family Elder

Postby sbr487 » Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:22 am

http://www.fondazionehilarescere.org/pd ... 9-ANGY.pdf

Note that this research article itself is not 118 pages. This is part of a another journal I guess and this pdf only covers Jordanian study ...
A new scientific truth does not triumph by convincing its opponents and making them see the light, but rather because its opponents eventually die and a new generation grows up that is familiar with it
- Max Planck
sbr487
Family Elder

Re: Jordan study

Postby Sotiris » Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:29 pm

sbr487 wrote:Looking at the Jordan CCSVI paper, I had couple of questions from page 118, distribution of abnor... graph:

1- does this graph mean that they found '0' patients w/ RIJV stenosis?

Yes
sbr487 wrote:2- compared to what has been generally seen on this forum, is it not strange that they found a total of only 2 patients with stenosis issues
No because they use a strict definition of the word "stenosis", i.e. a narrowing of the diameter of the vessel. If the diameter of the vessel is not narrowed but there is still a reduction in the flow caused by a flap, a membrane, a malformed valve, etc. they put it in a different category. (see also table ii, page 116)
Sotiris
Family Elder

Return to Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)