German neuros (again)

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
cheerleader
Family Elder

Post by cheerleader »

If Dr. Vogl is not able to speak out, how about Dr. Jürgen Reichenbach of the University of Jena, Germany. He has collaborated with Dr. Mark Haacke--
from Dr. Haacke's site www.ms-mri.com
The first complete case we studied came from a collaboration with Juergen Reichenbach in Jena, Germany.

This patient was 45 years old and had a full brain susceptibility weighted imaging scan, an MR venogram of the major veins in the head and neck, and flow quantification in the jugular and dural sinuses.

Here are some example images showing the iron in the lesions from SWI, the iron in the basal ganglia, a conventional FLAIR image, and an image showing the stenosis of one jugular vein.

Figure 1: a) SWI filtered phase image of the basal ganglia in this patient showing abnormal iron content in the globus pallidus on both sides of the brain. b) SWI filtered phase of a normal volunteer showing only vessels no iron build up. c) SWI through the same region showing the main
thalamostriate venous drainage system.

Figure 2: a) Conventional FLAIR image showing a variety of lesions around the ventricles.
b) A single slice SWI filtered phase image showing iron in some lesions and a ring of iron around
one lesion not clearly seen at all with the FLAIR image.

Figure 3: pinched jugular vein
Here is the German speaking Facebook page for CCSVI information.
link
Hang in there, cah
Husband dx RRMS 3/07
dx dual jugular vein stenosis (CCSVI) 4/09
http://ccsviinms.blogspot.com
cah
Family Elder

Post by cah »

I already had contact with Dr. Reichenbach. As far as I know, he stopped his research after diagnosing 10 patients. Nevertheless I will contact him again. Thanks again, cheer!
"There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance." Socrates
Direct-MS
Family Member

Post by Direct-MS »

After I had noted the MEGA-conflict of interest of the good doctor Hartung who is madly trying to marginalize CCSVI so as to preserve his drug company swag, Concened wrote

"People on Zamboni's team have taken money from pretty much the exact same list of companies. What does that suggest to you about their integrity?"

This brings up an important point. Note Hartung is trying to suppress CCSVI so as to preserve his drug money. However those on Zamboni's team who have taken drug money in the past are actually now biting the hand that has fed them. This adds further support for CCSVI because Zamboni's team members are willing to give up future drug money because the science supports a non-drug treatment. This shows great conviction and some self sacrifice on their part.
scorpion
Family Elder

Post by scorpion »

Direct-MS wrote:After I had noted the MEGA-conflict of interest of the good doctor Hartung who is madly trying to marginalize CCSVI so as to preserve his drug company swag, Concened wrote

"People on Zamboni's team have taken money from pretty much the exact same list of companies. What does that suggest to you about their integrity?"

This brings up an important point. Note Hartung is trying to suppress CCSVI so as to preserve his drug money. However those on Zamboni's team who have taken drug money in the past are actually now biting the hand that has fed them. This adds further support for CCSVI because Zamboni's team members are willing to give up future drug money because the science supports a non-drug treatment. This shows great conviction and some self sacrifice on their part.
Please proivide proof that this has occured. If you are assuming this is true please say so because that is much different than stating something as being fact. As far as your statement about Zamboni's and his team's actions adding further support to CCSVI, most of us on here are waiting for other trials that validate Zamboni's hypothesis and not some knight in shining armor story.
tazbo
Family Member

Post by tazbo »

Please scorpion...speak only for yourself. I am thankful that we have a Canadian advocate as Dr. Embrey has shown he is. I look forward to the day when you give us a success story about your personal experience with ccsvi. It will come and you will be listened to.
cah
Family Elder

Post by cah »

We have decided to go to the press conference on wednesday and hand out to the pressmen a flyer that points out the failures of the press release and sums up facts about CCSVI.

If you want your name attached to the flyer to show that there's an international community watching even what german neuros tell their patients and the public about CCSVI, send your name and country to

cah@csvi-ms.net

Every one counts. Thank you!

Edit: Of course you can also send me a pm!
cah
Family Elder

Post by cah »

Thank you everyone who already sent me a mail for your support! You're great!

You still can send me your name and country until tuesday, 11 h (Central European Time)
concerned

Post by concerned »

Direct-MS wrote:After I had noted the MEGA-conflict of interest of the good doctor Hartung who is madly trying to marginalize CCSVI so as to preserve his drug company swag, Concened wrote

Yes, but they're telling people to remain on their medications. Doesn't that sound like people who are trying to preserve their drug money? If people will push deadly drugs that don't do anything for anybody then what makes you think they won't push deadly procedures that won't do anything for anybody?
cah
Family Elder

Post by cah »

concerned wrote:Yes, but they're telling people to remain on their medications. ...
They tell people to remain on their medications if they work. To me, this is nothing but subtle irony. ;)
muse
Family Elder

Post by muse »

....If people will push deadly drugs that don't do anything for anybody then what makes you think they won't push deadly procedures that won't do anything for anybody?

…perhaps because it isn’t a deadly procedure???
cah
Family Elder

Post by cah »

Please stop sending your name, the flyer is now finished (there wouldn't be any space for names anymore anyway).

Thank you all again for your statement! Now we have a document that shows that more than onehundred people from 19 countries are aware! YOU ROCK!
concerned

Post by concerned »

muse wrote:
....If people will push deadly drugs that don't do anything for anybody then what makes you think they won't push deadly procedures that won't do anything for anybody?

…perhaps because it isn’t a deadly procedure???
Well, that was a rhetorical question, posed for effect.

On the other hand, at least one person has died from complications related to the procedure, and many more have had blocked stents, stent migrations, valves destroyed, collateral veins inflated rather than the jugular resulting in a disappearing jugular, etc. And down the road who knows what will happen.
muse
Family Elder

Post by muse »

Hi@, here the online release of the pamphlet in German language (not all of the 200+++ names included yet!!!) A BIG BIG THANK YOU for your support again! Arne http://www.csvi-ms.net/en

"MS" doesn't exist! - CCSVI dx Nov.2009, 1. angio LVJ & RVJ June 2010, 2. angio RVJ April 2011, January 2012 2. restenosis, reversed after ~1 year intake of high dosage Magnesium only. ThisIsCCSVIinMS: http://tinyurl.com/nwy5x58
cah
Family Elder

Post by cah »

As we couldn't put all names on the counterstatement, I've put together a list with all the names and some statements I have received via email in less than 24 hours.

http://csvi-ms.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1011

Thank you again. I'm still very moved.
Johnson
Family Elder

Post by Johnson »

cah wrote:As we couldn't put all names on the counterstatement, I've put together a list with all the names and some statements I have received via email in less than 24 hours.

http://csvi-ms.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1011

Thank you again. I'm still very moved.
Thanks to you, cah
My name is not really Johnson. MSed up since 1993