Relapse after angioplasty

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
Ned
Family Member

Post by Ned »

I've been taking LDN for a couple of years, and had no negative changes. Also had angioplasty for CCSVI May 17th 2010, and enjoyed relief from that gross fatigue + more.
However, for the last two weeks have had strong night time arm and leg numbness and parasthesia, which is totally new. My right leg and foot have been dysfunctional due to hip flexor muscles going AWOL, but since angioplasty the Left leg is getting weaker, with day time numbness.
I feel like I'm being attacked, and am wondering why this is happening when the LDN has seemed to be keeping things at bay.
Also, I was hoping the angioplasty for CCSVI might play a part in evading new episodes.
My right jugular was 60% stenosed.

Has anyone else had "episodes' since angioplasty?

Does azygous angioplasty help with legs?
Rokkit
Family Elder

Post by Rokkit »

It could be that your stenosis is unrelated to your condition so the treatment had no real effect. If it is related, you could have restenosed. There are reports of people who've restenosed and been worse off than before treatment. I have no idea why that would be but it seems to be a phenomenon that's out there. Is there any way you can get a Zamboni protocol doppler to see what's what? Failing that, a garden variety ultrasound could at least make sure you have flow in the jugulars. I'm thinking for example if you now have a thrombosis, it seems a routine ultrasound would find that.
bmk1234
Family Elder

Re: Relapse after angioplasty

Post by bmk1234 »

Ever been checked for May Thurner? Effects the left leg only.
bmk

Ned wrote:I've been taking LDN for a couple of years, and had no negative changes. Also had angioplasty for CCSVI May 17th 2010, and enjoyed relief from that gross fatigue + more.
However, for the last two weeks have had strong night time arm and leg numbness and parasthesia, which is totally new. My right leg and foot have been dysfunctional due to hip flexor muscles going AWOL, but since angioplasty the Left leg is getting weaker, with day time numbness.
I feel like I'm being attacked, and am wondering why this is happening when the LDN has seemed to be keeping things at bay.
Also, I was hoping the angioplasty for CCSVI might play a part in evading new episodes.
My right jugular was 60% stenosed.

Has anyone else had "episodes' since angioplasty?

Does azygous angioplasty help with legs?
Nasti
Family Elder

Post by Nasti »

It might be that you feel stronger and more energized and try to live a normal life, take on more responsibilities, and you feel the symptoms...At least that's with me, now i have symptoms I didn't have before (my legs go stiff, my eye lids tremor), but now I don't stop from getting up to going to bed. So you might too think that you are too normal, just like me, when in fact we are not. I have had MS for 10 years, my brain is scarred and not as effective in transmitting signals, and I am doing things I have never done...who knows what might have been the consequences if I did all this pre CCSVI. Or, another logical answer, CCSVI doesn't work and MS deteriorates...who knows, we just have to wait and see.
Ned
Family Member

Post by Ned »

Rokkit -

You say that it seems to be that some people are worse off after angioplasty.
If they have had subsequent angioplasty due to re-stenosing, have you followed the results ie better/worse/ no change??
Ned
Family Member

Post by Ned »

BMK1234

No, I seem to have both legs affected, and more particularly the right.

NASTI

I was feeling so-o good after the angioplasty, and like you, have days as full as I want. Yeah, I was feeling so Normal - except my right leg was like an anchor.

Over last two weeks have been slowing down though. It's very subtle, and am only noticing as am watching for it.

I'm going to book for another angioplasty - and will ask for particular attentiion to azygous.
A real anti-climax experiencing this stiffness/spasticity/cramps after feeling so darn Good. I want that relief from symptoms back..
CureOrBust
Family Elder

Re: Relapse after angioplasty

Post by CureOrBust »

bmk1234 wrote:Ever been checked for May Thurner? Effects the left leg only.
My understanding is that "left leg only" effects are for non MS effects. The vascular defects related etc etc is believed to possibly cause MS lesions which can have effects well beyond the left leg only.