brain and spine lesions, ccsvi

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
sbr487
Family Elder

brain and spine lesions, ccsvi

Post by sbr487 »

One thing that got me thinking -

The traditional auto-immune theory has been that erratic immune starts attacking myelin. Now, there is no explanation why the immune attack:
1) for some happens only in brain
2) for some happens only in spine
3) for some both in brain and spine

But, I think, CCSVI probably gives more logical explanation in that the lesions are closely related to venous insufficiency.

I am not sure if I have seen anyone describing here about the following cases:
1) lesions in brain but no venous insufficiency (qualified w/ reflux) related to IJV or VV
2) lesions in lower spine but no venous insufficiency in azygos

Oh, BTW, I found this article by Dr. S
http://bmctoday.net/evtoday/2010/07/art ... ufficiency

I have not seen this before ...
A new scientific truth does not triumph by convincing its opponents and making them see the light, but rather because its opponents eventually die and a new generation grows up that is familiar with it
- Max Planck
Cece
Family Elder

Re: brain and spine lesions, ccsvi

Post by Cece »

sbr487 wrote:One thing that got me thinking -

The traditional auto-immune theory has been that erratic immune starts attacking myelin. Now, there is no explanation why the immune attack:
1) for some happens only in brain
2) for some happens only in spine
3) for some both in brain and spine

But, I think, CCSVI probably gives more logical explanation in that the lesions are closely related to venous insufficiency.

I am not sure if I have seen anyone describing here about the following cases:
1) lesions in brain but no venous insufficiency (qualified w/ reflux) related to IJV or VV
2) lesions in lower spine but no venous insufficiency in azygos

Oh, BTW, I found this article by Dr. S
http://bmctoday.net/evtoday/2010/07/art ... ufficiency

I have not seen this before ...
The #2 has been found and described here, but I wonder if they are cases of missed webs or stenosis in the azygous or a missed diagnosis of MT or lumbar vein issues? I agree, that some people get 'brain MS' and some people get spinal MS seems to be a hint at the pathology.

Awesome article, isn't it? We discussed it back when it came out but I'd be up for discussing it again. :)