Canadian ToryMP Says Liberation Works/ Liberal MP has MS

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.

Canadian ToryMP Says Liberation Works/ Liberal MP has MS

Postby Blaze » Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:21 am

Here's a link to an article about a Tory MP who says the liberation "procedure works." Gord Brown says he is encouraging the provinces to provide treatment and says he and others in the Conservative caucus will press for federal approval. I'm sure he's not very popular with Harper and Aglukkaq!

This article also quotes NDP and Liberal MPs calling for federal leadership on this. If only they would all stop playing their silly political games with our health and get on with it!

http://www.torontosun.com/news/canada/2 ... 15671.html

And, here's another article about Liberal MP Albina Guarnieri, (the longest serving female MP) who has announced she will not seek reelection in the next federal election because she was diagnosed with MS four years ago.

<shortened url>
User avatar
Blaze
Family Elder
 
Posts: 405
Joined: Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:00 pm

Advertisement

Postby oreo » Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:26 am

And here, direct from his own web site, are Mr. Brown's qualifications for making such a statement:

"Brown is CEO of the 1000 Island’s largest food service and accommodation business that employs over 120 people. 

He graduated from Gananoque Secondary School and Carleton University - B.A. (Hons) - Political Science. "

I can certainly see that with a degree in political science he is fully quallified to make pronouncements on complicated medical issues. I would suggest that the gentleman could not care less about people with MS. He is just counting votes in the next election. Help like this we do not need.
Carpe Diem
User avatar
oreo
Family Elder
 
Posts: 166
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2004 3:00 pm
Location: Canada - Ontario - South-West

Postby frodo » Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:14 pm

oreo wrote:I can certainly see that with a degree in political science he is fully quallified to make pronouncements on complicated medical issues. I would suggest that the gentleman could not care less about people with MS.


Agreed. Then why Canadian or US politicians do not let vascular surgeons go on with their jobs?
User avatar
frodo
Family Elder
 
Posts: 610
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:00 pm

Postby 1eye » Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:56 pm

oreo wrote:...He is just counting votes in the next election. Help like this we do not need.


I'll take it. You don't seriously think that any Conservative seriously thinks they are going to get re-elected?

Hah.

But I'll take help from a sitting MP.
"Try - Just A Little Bit Harder" - Janis Joplin
CCSVI procedure Albany Aug 2010
'MS' is over - if you want it
Patients sans/without patience
User avatar
1eye
Family Elder
 
Posts: 2874
Joined: Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:00 pm
Location: Kanata, Ontario, Canada

Postby fernando » Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:26 am

God bless the politicians who seek people's votes.

Note to Canadians: Right now Rush is the top selling show down here in Argentina. As a fan, I'm really proud!
User avatar
fernando
Family Elder
 
Posts: 228
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 3:00 pm
Location: Argentina

Re: Canadian ToryMP Says Liberation Works/ Liberal MP has M

Postby scorpion » Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:24 pm

Blaze wrote:Here's a link to an article about a Tory MP who says the liberation "procedure works." Gord Brown says he is encouraging the provinces to provide treatment and says he and others in the Conservative caucus will press for federal approval. I'm sure he's not very popular with Harper and Aglukkaq!

This article also quotes NDP and Liberal MPs calling for federal leadership on this. If only they would all stop playing their silly political games with our health and get on with it!

http://www.torontosun.com/news/canada/2 ... 15671.html

And, here's another article about Liberal MP Albina Guarnieri, (the longest serving female MP) who has announced she will not seek reelection in the next federal election because she was diagnosed with MS four years ago.

<shortened url>


Well hey if a Tory MP says it works well than it must work!!! Does anyone know what seven studies they are referring to in the article? Are they taking place now?
User avatar
scorpion
Family Elder
 
Posts: 1323
Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:00 pm


Return to Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

 


  • Related topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users