Dr Sandy McDonald on 'zoom' radio

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.

Dr Sandy McDonald on 'zoom' radio

Postby PCakes » Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:32 am

http://zoomerradio.ca/

over now..not sure if 'podcast' will be available.. was a great interview..!
Last edited by PCakes on Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
PCakes
Family Elder

Postby PCakes » Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:15 am

Quick notes with 'rough' attempts to quote...
..reported that azygous rarely restenos.
..Jugular angioplasty originally presented 50% incidence of restenosis but that the procedure is evolving rapidly..and restenosis rate is dropping

Comments to CIHR report..
.. if there is enough literature available to go ahead in U.S. with clinical trials, Albany & Buffalo, why not enough in Canada

..in conversation with Alain Beaudet prior to CIHR report.. he asked "why no ccsvi experts on CIHR panel"? Beaudet advised that anyone known to have spoken out in a positive fashion were excluded intentionally?

Reports that there are very few reporting negative results..i.e. MS symptoms get worse.
.. improvements are more the norm.

Reports that we all need to keep communicating with our politicians..letters, phone calls..

Woman on the phone reporting her grand daughter treated in costa rica.. is having daily significant improvments

Dr McDonald now raising the point of the need for compassionate treatment .. "people are dieing"

..frustrations with the lack of 'transparency' of the CIHR meeting.. no minutes available.. 'stacked' panel..no bias or conflict of interest disclosure..

..asked if there is a 'drug' cure.. "no comment, I am not a neurologist" but went on to discuss the exorbitant costs of the drugs and the burden of these costs on the patients and the healthcare system.

..is the procedure dangerous? discussed "peekaboo" and "radeck" .. but followed this up with "based on the numbers treated to date, that the procedure is viewed as safe".

is over now..announcer just said that the phone lines had "melted down"

Was a great piece! w00t Dr McDonald!!
Last edited by PCakes on Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
PCakes
Family Elder

Postby sbr487 » Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:18 am

:D
A new scientific truth does not triumph by convincing its opponents and making them see the light, but rather because its opponents eventually die and a new generation grows up that is familiar with it
- Max Planck
sbr487
Family Elder

Postby prairiegirl » Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:23 am

I listened to this-- Dr. McDonald was great! The voice of reason-- what an intelligent, compassionate and gracious man.
prairiegirl
Family Elder

Postby PCakes » Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:23 pm

link to a recording of the show..
http://zoomerradio.ca/dale-goldhawk/201 ... nt=Twitter

..thank you to 'ccsvi facebook'
PCakes
Family Elder

Postby erinc14 » Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:00 am

PCakes wrote:link to a recording of the show..
http://zoomerradio.ca/dale-goldhawk/201 ... nt=Twitter

..thank you to 'ccsvi facebook'
erinc14
Family Elder

FOI Request & Beaudet Report

Postby PointsNorth » Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:35 pm

Has anyone filed a formal FOI request? Surely minutes of the meeting could be made available. No personally identifiable information would be included in the minutes and thus there would be no privacy violations involved. I will try to launch such a request if people here think it is worth the effort. I'm headed to Albany soon, so I don't have much time . . . . . .

Best, PN

Comments to CIHR report..
.. if there is enough literature available to go ahead in U.S. with clinical trials, Albany & Buffalo, why not enough in Canada

..in conversation with Alain Beaudet prior to CIHR report.. he asked "why no ccsvi experts on CIHR panel"? Beaudet advised that anyone known to have spoken out in a positive fashion were excluded intentionally?
PointsNorth
Family Elder

Postby PCakes » Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:20 am

I will try to launch such a request if people here think it is worth the effort.

PN,

Yes, please, and if there anything i/we can do to help, please advise.

Good luck!! in Albany.

pc
PCakes
Family Elder

Return to Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)