Closest place to Canada (Ontario) to get CCSVI treatment???

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.

Closest place to Canada (Ontario) to get CCSVI treatment???

Postby hlm286 » Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:29 pm

I've been looking further into CCSVI and considering treatment options for the future. So far, the only place I've talked to sends you to India for treatment. I understand they may have some of the best doctors in the world, but having a baby and a toddler at home, I wouldn't want to be that far away from them. Where is the closest place to Ontario, Canada, to get this procudure done? How do you get an appointment? I have not had any testing done for CCSVI as of yet, but am on a waiting list for February.

I would appreciate any information on locations that offer treatment and how you go about getting an appointment (as well as the cost, if you dont mind.)

Thank you!!!
hlm286
Family Elder

Advertisement

Postby welshman » Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:24 pm

Join "Forum on Health" -

http://www.forumonhealth.com/

and in the Featured Entries listing check out "Denise Manleys New List" which gives a lot of Clinics / Hospitals around the World doing CCSVI Treatment.
Unfortunately there are none in Ontario as yet, but a couple close by in New York State.

As far as appointments, you'll probably find waiting lists that aare getting longer by the day, and costs (at Albany) I believe were $5,000 to $8,000 US

Hope that helps.
welshman
Family Elder

Re: Closest place to Canada (Ontario) to get CCSVI treatment

Postby Kate_PghPA » Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:49 pm

hlm286 wrote:I've been looking further into CCSVI and considering treatment options for the future. So far, the only place I've talked to sends you to India for treatment. I understand they may have some of the best doctors in the world, but having a baby and a toddler at home, I wouldn't want to be that far away from them. Where is the closest place to Ontario, Canada, to get this procudure done? How do you get an appointment? I have not had any testing done for CCSVI as of yet, but am on a waiting list for February.

I would appreciate any information on locations that offer treatment and how you go about getting an appointment (as well as the cost, if you dont mind.)

Thank you!!!

Hello Welshman--good of you to be of such Help!!! How ARE you?

Him286...have PM'd you...kate
Venoplasty 12/26/10 Vas.Surg/ Pgh,PA Angio'd Both IJV

2/9/11 F/U Transcranial Doppler: flowing well
8/15/11 Hosp. Exac. "MS" 1st Spinal lesions EVER seen/ MRI
9/7/11 F/U T. Doppler: flowing well
Kate_PghPA
Family Member

Return to Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)