MS patients with a different message

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
scorpion
Family Elder

MS patients with a different message

Post by scorpion »

ikulo
Family Elder

Post by ikulo »

Thanks for posting this. Now that Wente is covering CCSVI we know we've made it big time! Such an article is to be expected from Margaret Wente as her bread and butter is creating controversy.

In any case, if anything this article confirms that money should be spent on this treatment in Canada. The second PwMS in the article had to travel all the way to India to be treated in a clinic he claims had lax standards. Canada should be ashamed that it forces its citizens to use such poor facilities.
MrSuccess
Family Elder

Post by MrSuccess »

one must read the wisdom of Aesop and his tale of The Fox and the grapes .

It's only Human nature being displayed .

Mr. Success
Vivianne766
Family Elder

Post by Vivianne766 »

just got an idea of what the article is. Read some of the comments......
... some idiot does not want to do the treatment because of the name "Liberation".
How stupid. A real patient will do research and decide based on the facts.
Don't do the treatment you moran. Nobody's twisting your arm.

BTW I'll be liberated soon.

:)
scorpion
Family Elder

Post by scorpion »

concerned

Post by concerned »

Vivianne766 wrote: Don't do the treatment you moran.

:)
You could have just said "Don't do the treatment then".........
whyRwehere
Family Elder

Post by whyRwehere »

I don't think you can compare that "stem cell doctor" with the better IRs/Vascular surgeons. He was telling his patients, that he was putting in human stem cells, when that turned out not to be the case:
From the BBC
"They were all vulnerable patients who already found themselves failed by the medical profession in this country and as a result were searching, some with desperation, for a cure or relief elsewhere, which is why and how they ended up in Dr Trossel's hands," Mr Kark told the haering.

"They were given false hope by him and the experience not only cost them financially but for the most part it caused them personal and emotional loss when they realised that the treatment provided to them was not only expensive but pointless."

The treatment also contained bovine brain and spinal cord, and the GMC panel ruled he had abused his position as a doctor by failing to warn patients about potential risks of vCJD.

I agree that some of these clinics opening up are dubious, but the doctor who worked on my husband, for instance seems to be driven more by discovery than money...she is not advertising "packages". I believe she has started a study and I look forward to hearing what she might learn. At this point, if my husband was not so disabled, I would wait a year to have anything done. We don't have the time to wait, unfortunately, but that doesn't mean I would trust him to any doctor either. People do need to think about this before they go ahead, and whether or not they could cope with a clot situation, which seems to be happening a lot.