Leg Spasticity at night CCSVI related?

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
JCB
Family Elder

Leg Spasticity at night CCSVI related?

Post by JCB »

My right leg does very little all day long. As long as I am upright or have my head elevated my leg doesn't spasm. When I'm trying to sleep (or when I'm asleep) my right leg will spasm. Is this because the blood isn't flowing in the juggulars like it should? It has been almost three weeks since liberation. I guess my next course of action is inclined bed therapy, how much incline is needed?

I am still seeing small improvements from the procedure, but without a good nights sleep it's hard to tell.

Jim
JCB
Family Elder

Post by JCB »

Never mind about the IBT question, it is covered in a different post. I guess I'll wait a little.

http://www.thisisms.com/ftopict-13580-ibt.html
Cece
Family Elder

Post by Cece »

I have no idea, but sympathies, that can't be good for sleep.

It isn't like sudden kicks or twitches, just as one is falling asleep? My husband used to do this as part of his sleep apnea, I guess it's the body reacting to the lack of oxygen and kicking to keep him awake? I'm not really sure. Then once a year or so I'll have a week where I do this, I thought I'd learned it from him, but it's part of the MS.

Glad to hear about those improvements.
David1949
Family Elder

Post by David1949 »

My left leg jerks at night sometimes. This usually happens just as I'm about to fall asleep, so it wakes me up. Very annoying sometimes.

"Restful Legs" helps somewhat. http://www.restfullegs.com/symptoms.php