CCSVI and CCVBP

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
mtf
Family Elder

Re: CCSVI and CCVBP

Post by mtf »

digital...
uprightdoc
Family Elder

Post by uprightdoc »

Terrific. You can either post them here or if you prefer you can email them to me. If you prefer to email them to me I will send you a PM with my address.
mtf
Family Elder

Post by mtf »

Send me, please, a pm with your e.mail. Thanks alot!!
dania
Family Elder

Post by dania »

Is it not amazing that, this thread, that was bumped from CCSVI treatments not so long ago is now the second most popular thread here?
uprightdoc
Family Elder

Post by uprightdoc »

Thanks Dania. It's time to head down to the river. The river is wider with all the rain we had recently and its hard water is more clear for underwater viewing. I can see all the assorted colors of the metamorphic cobble rocks that line the bottom. The fresh rain water and faster moving current keep the iron in solution and moving along. When it gets slower minerals and detritis become more concentrated. They also start to settle and sink to the bottom where they cover the rocks in slower moving sections. Some fisherman call it "rock snot." Actually it's not. The former is an invasive species of algae in rivers and lakes. It is difficult to get rid of. The other stuff fisherman refer to makes the rocks extra slippery and challenging when fly fishing. The fresher, faster moving current in the middle of the river keeps the cobble rocks that line the bottom swept clean of the minerals and detritis that fall out of solution.
NZer1
Family Elder

Post by NZer1 »

frodo
Family Elder

Question about Atlas in MRI

Post by frodo »

Dear Uprightdoc,

My wife, MS patient, has never got her Atlas tested, but she has been tested for CCSVI and the result was negative. Therefore we would like to know if there is any kind of cervical misalignement. We have some MRI of the neck, taken for CCSVI, in which the cervical area appears quite well. Is it possible to use a MRI to diagnose an Atlas misalignement, and, would you be willing to take a look to that MRI? or could you redirect me to anybody that would do it? Thanks.
uprightdoc
Family Elder

Post by uprightdoc »

mtf wrote:...I have had 5 multiple angioplasties, stents in my jugular veins and worse then ever. Had little improvements that also disappeared. I am trying to think of my next step and I am wondering if I have a problem with my CSF flow. I had several neck trauma...
Ola MTF,
You said that you had "several neck trauma." Did you mean to say that you had several neck traumas? Or, did you mean to say you had one severe neck trauma?

I have reviewed the angiograms and brain scans you sent. The images are not appropriate for structural evaluation. You need x-rays of the spine to evaluate the structure. I was able to get some information from the angiograms and brain scans. The images show that your neck and shoulder are tilted (leaning) to the right side. Your head is tilted slightly to the left side. The neck is also slightly rotated counter clockwise to the left. Your head is also far forward of your posture line. This puts your head in front of your shoulders and strains the neck muscles. You have misalignments in your lower neck and upper thoracic spine that deviate to the left side. The deviations of the spinous processes to the left are related to the neck tilt to the right. The misalignments of the cervical and thoracic segments are probably associated with spondylosis (degeneration). You also appear to have an increase in kyphosis in the upper thoracic spine.
mtf
Family Elder

Post by mtf »

Thanks Dr. Flanagan,

I don't have a recent x-ray of my spine to send. I had several and severe (in my oppinion) neck trauma. What to do now?
uprightdoc
Family Elder

Post by uprightdoc »

What type of traumas did you have? What happened? Was it a car accident or a fall? Your injuries are similar to someone who was in a motor vehicle accident in which the car was struck broadside on the right. Getting struck broadside on the right would snap your neck to the right. A fall on the left side could cause similar injuries.
mtf
Family Elder

Post by mtf »

falls mainly, but thinking back I had a car accident too. A car went against me (left side of my car) and I hit the left window with my left neck and head. For a few seconds I was " sleeping" then I went home.
uprightdoc
Family Elder

Post by uprightdoc »

Striking the left side of your head against the car window snapped the neck to the right side the same as if you fell and landed on your left side. If you had been on the passenger side of the car your head and neck would have snapped to the left first like a whip and then lashed to the right causing a lateral (side) whiplash injury. In your case, the left side of the head got whipped into the window.
mtf
Family Elder

Post by mtf »

That's right. I was driving..
uprightdoc
Family Elder

Post by uprightdoc »

You need a basic Anterior to Posterior (AP), and a Lateral cervical x-ray of your neck. An open mouth odontoid view, as well as an AP and Lateral of your thoracic spine would also be helpful to assess the structural damage.
mtf
Family Elder

Post by mtf »

The damage seems to me is very old now (20 years). The point is where to go? In Portugal it looks like the Docs don't believe me.