CCSVI and CCVBP

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
uprightdoc
Family Elder

Re: CCSVI and CCVBP

Post by uprightdoc »

Except for the chiropractor I previously recommended with the Cox 7 Flexion-distraction table, I don't know anyone in your area that I would feel confident referring you to in light of your particular condition. A masseuse who does house calls could be helpful.
dania
Family Elder

Post by dania »

uprightdoc wrote:Except for the chiropractor I previously recommended with the Cox 7 Flexion-distraction table, I don't know anyone in your area that I would feel confident referring you to in light of your particular condition. A masseuse who does house calls could be helpful.
I called them but it is not wheelchair accessible.
uprightdoc
Family Elder

Post by uprightdoc »

That's incredible. It's hard for me to believe that any chiropractic office isn't wheelchair accessible. I had many patients come in in wheelchairs, including athletes. The reception room, treatment rooms, bathroom and all my tables and equipment were wheelchair accessible with easy transfer heights.
dania
Family Elder

Post by dania »

What exactly are you looking for in my particular case. A NUCCA chiro, a cox 7 table, etc?
uprightdoc
Family Elder

Post by uprightdoc »

You could use good upper cervical and the Cox 7 Flexion-Distraction table. Most chiropractors do one or the other. Very few chiropractors do upper cervical and full spine and even fewer use the Cox 7 or 8 model tables. The Cox 7 and 8 tables are perfect for spondylosis, scoliosis and stenosis. The tables stretch, decompress, mobilize and rehabiliate the cartilage and connective tissues of the individual, as well as combined segments and sections of the spine. They also create pressure gradients and waves that move blood and CSF in the spinal canal, cord and nerve roots. I also used flexion-distraction for cysts, syrinxes and cord and nerve root tethering. The only thing the tables aren't good for is correction of the upper cervical spine. You can't isolate movement and make corrections to the upper cervical spine with the face down and held in a place by a headpiece. I also prefer counter-strain blocking methods for the pelvic correction.
dania
Family Elder

Post by dania »

Could the Pulstar technology me? They told me the system provides gentle and precise adjustments to help restore the natural curves in the spine.

This clinic also provide non-surgical spinal decompression care using a Chattanooga DTS decompression table
blossom
Family Elder

Post by blossom »

uprightdoc wrote:That's incredible. It's hard for me to believe that any chiropractic office isn't wheelchair accessible. I had many patients come in in wheelchairs, including athletes. The reception room, treatment rooms, bathroom and all my tables and equipment were wheelchair accessible with easy transfer heights.

sadly, there are many chiro.'s like that. way back when you advised me to go to a chiro. that put the blocks under "can't think of the name it's called. the one that would have been the best qualified was not accessible. 2 others it happened. "what are they thinking. the sad part their training they had is not easy to find one. --crazy!
NZer1
Family Elder

Post by NZer1 »

I often wonder about people in many professions, why are they there? Is it because its a 'Job' and you are your own Boss?
The good in any trade stand out for lots of simple reasons, and they often are the ones who are looking outside the box of their training, like our Favourite One! ;)

Head swelling, blood flow time again!

;)
Nigel
uprightdoc
Family Elder

Post by uprightdoc »

Thanks for the boost Nigel. I think I'll go ice my head down a bit.
dania
Family Elder

Post by dania »

I found 2 chiros that use a cox table. At the moment they are closed. Left a message. As soon as I get more info I will let you know. One is about 20 minutes from me. You probably did not see them as their web sites are only in French.
uprightdoc
Family Elder

Post by uprightdoc »

Thanks Dania. I was going to reply to your question regarding the DTS decompression table which is a good table but more for traditional long-axis traction of the cervical and lumbar spine. These types of tables don't work on the thoracic spine, they don't isolate sections or segments and they are limited to one range of motion. All the Cox tables are all terrific but the latest 7 and 8 models have the flexion-distraction headpiece similar to a tailpiece. You can literally pull someone stem to stern. You need all you segements worked on. It will keep them in better shape.
uprightdoc
Family Elder

Post by uprightdoc »

Sprechen sie Francais?
NZer1
Family Elder

Post by NZer1 »

Another example of how testing methods can change the intellectual direction of Medicine.

"Conclusions: In this study, short-term CSF pressure monitoring through a lumbar needle revealed abnormal pressure waves and elevated mean CSF pressures in the majority of headache sufferers with BTSS who had normal CSF opening pressures. These findings demonstrate the accuracy of short-term CSF pressure monitoring through a lumbar needle in estimating CSF pressure; they also highlight that a single-spot opening pressure measurement has a low accuracy for recognition of increased intracranial pressure in headache sufferers with BTSS."
http://cep.sagepub.com/content/30/12/1419.abstract

;)
Nigel
uprightdoc
Family Elder

Post by uprightdoc »

Interesting paper Nigel on obstructed venous outflow through the transverse sinuses causing abnormal CSF pressure waves in the lumbar cistern. Abnormal pressure waves can be destructive. I have a post coming up soon on wordpress that looks at hydrocephalus, abnormal pressure waves and atrophy of the brain in children versus adults with NPH and neurodegenerative conditions. There are many conditions with different names that most likely have similar causes related to faulty fluid mechanics in the cranial vault and spinal canal. Spondylosis, scoliosis and stenosis affect fluid mechanics in the spinal canal. It's basic physics.
NZer1
Family Elder

Post by NZer1 »

"Conclusions
PTA in patients with MS with CCSVI increased CSF flow and decreased CSF velocity, which are indicative of improved venous parenchyma drainage."
http://www.jvir.org/article/S1051-0443( ... 9/abstract

Not the best of studies because of many procedural issues, the outcome is accurate though.

The interesting find that I have followed in all directions is how the Endothelin 1 (ET-1) has the ability to indicate vascular injury and Endothelial dysfunctions.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11315981
The thread is interestin;
http://www.thisisms.com/forum/chronic-c ... 15731.html
Lots to learn here and there and of course the challenges of understanding the multifaceted purposes of body systems such as ET-1, very easy to assume on this haystack of information!

;)
Nigel