CCSVI and CCVBP

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
dania
Family Elder

Re: CCSVI and CCVBP

Post by dania »

It's on. Very hot and HUMID here too. Yesterday the humidity was 100% and it was not raining. My 85 year old mother, who swims every morning, says our lake at the cottage is very cold as we have not had really any hot weather. It is 85 feet deep at our end (5 miles around) and is spring fed. The temperature is normally 72 degrees in the middle of July. Mind you, that is only the first 2 feet, gets colder further down.
uprightdoc
Family Elder

Post by uprightdoc »

You can't beat swimming. It's great for the chest, shoulders, arms, cardiovascular and respiratory systems.

Lake George is notoriously cold. It's just tolerable on top. Many young men have discoverd their talents as tenors as Lake George. It's clear as a bell and drops down to 200 feet at its deepest point. Divers have to wear heavy duty scuba gear to see the wrecks on the bottom.

What type of weight training did you do five to seven days a week? Did you use machines or free weights?
Last edited by uprightdoc on Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
dania
Family Elder

Post by dania »

Used both machines and free weights. And I cannot swim anymore, cannot completely fill my lungs with air. I would sink like a stone.
dania
Family Elder

Post by dania »

I have an appointment with my neuro about the scar tissue in my neck on Tuesday.
NZer1
Family Elder

Post by NZer1 »

What is the connection between diseases like 'MS' and Mitochondrial functions?

Is this a relationship of the dysregulation or dysfunction of the Mitochondria because of the environmental toxins and endo-toxins disrupting the Heme process which causes the secondary porphyria cascade (even more serious toxins) that leads to progressive symptoms and then disabilities?

It would appear that many if not most degenerative diseases are linked to Mitochondrial ATP production issues. Is the main cause of the ATP production disruption the incomplete 8 stage heme process and the additional toxins that occur?

Many researchers have a variety of theories why MS occurs and they list co-incidences or co-factors and yet they are unable to find a main link to join all the co-incidences. The list is long from Vascular to Diet and just as broad with Infection to Latitude. When I studied the papers I could find on infections such as Lyme and CPn mimicking MS, or vice-versa the link to Mitochondria production and Mitochondria dysfunction showed a cascade path of events that fitted MS symptoms because of the heme production disruption by secondary porphyria caused by these bacterial forms.

If environmental toxins for instance and bacterial endo-toxins (as the bacterial cells die) are producing health problems across the board it would also appear to link the secondary porphyria to the cause of a cascade form of disease progression, degenerative disease.

My personal experiences of being treated for CPn infection/MS have fitted hand in glove with the Mitochondria/porpyhria/symptoms link.

One of the reasons why I ask this question about Mitochondria and porphyria is because I found this piece of knowledge and it's link to degenerative disease and specifically MS;
Pathogenesis of Porphyria.
Both neurological and gastrointestinal symptoms are thought to result from neuronal dysfunction. Histological findings in peripheral
and autonomic nerves include oedema, irregularity of the myelin sheaths, thinned and
irregular axons, axonal vacuolisation, and
degeneration and cellular infiltration.'8
Electrophysiology shows muscle denervation
and decreased motor nerve conduction velocities.'9 The pathogenesis of the cerebral manifestations, however, remains unclear. The
main hypotheses are metabolic abnormalities,
ischaemia, demyelination, and oxidative stress.
Pathology of the CNS includes vacuolisation
of neurons, focal perivascular demyelination,
and reactive glial proliferation.40 Unfortunately, postmortem pathological findings
bear little relation to the clinical features in
life, supporting the theory that many of the
clinical features may be caused by profound
metabolic abnormalities.
http://jnnp.bmj.com/content/62/4/319.full.pdf

;)
Nigel
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

"What is the connection between 'MS' and Mitochondria"

Post by jimmylegs »

my response -> general discussion re http://www.thisisms.com/forum/general-d ... ml#p212027 ..
basically, this:
Mineral and vitamin deficiencies can accelerate the mitochondrial decay of aging.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16102804
active members shape site content. if there is a problem, speak up!
use the report button to flag problematic post content to volunteer moderators' attention.
uprightdoc
Family Elder

Post by uprightdoc »

Diet and exercise are key components to health. We used many supplements in our office. In addition to Drs. Bernard Jensen and Jeffrey Bland, I was a big fan of Dr. Royal Lee and his organic whole food extracts produced on glacial till in Wisconsin, as well as cell determinants he produced called protomorphogens.
HappyPoet
Family Elder

Post by HappyPoet »

Hi Dr. Flanagan,

I'm extremely happy to confirm that my husband and I will be able to keep our follow-up appointment with you. After the appointment, I'll update the forum as we discussed. Every once in a while, I have a bit of good luck, but in the case of actually meeting you, I've had a lot of great luck.

:)
uprightdoc
Family Elder

Post by uprightdoc »

Hello Poet,

Thanks.
uprightdoc
Family Elder

Post by uprightdoc »

Dania,
It will be interesting to see what the neuro finds regarding the scar tissue.

How and when did the MS get started in your case? Do you recall any trauma? If it's too personal to discuss here you can PM me.
dania
Family Elder

Post by dania »

Dr Flanagan I recall as a child, as young as 12, that I was never able to raise my right leg as high as my left leg. And later on when I use to horseback ride (owned a horse for 25 years) my left hip hurting when in the saddle. My left hip has been moving upwards, into my abdomen, and now I suspect is pressing on my intestinal track, blocking it. Cannot defecate or even pass gas now. When in my W/C, I shift from side to side things start to move in my intestines. And when I am on the decompression table my digestive system becomes alive. I feel it immediately, my stomach starts to gurgle. When Dr Rosa measured my legs before the AO adjustment, the left side was shorter and after the adjustment left leg dropped down and was now the same length as the right leg. I recall having problems long before any riding falls etc. Never had any serious accidents/trauma. Minor ones, never hospitalized. I believe I have had this problem for almost most of my life.
uprightdoc
Family Elder

Post by uprightdoc »

It would be very interesting to see x-rays of your spine. You may have had scoliosis, pelvic obliquity and antiversion of the hips etc. since childhood. What type of riding falls have you had? When and how did the MS start?
dania
Family Elder

Post by dania »

I asked the chiro about Xrays he said to ask my doctor. I got bucked off and my left foot hit the saddle and broke 3 metatarsals. My horse tripped at a canter and somersaulted and my left elbow was broken. In 1988 I had some minor weakness in my fingers that is when I saw the first neuro and was diagnosed.
vesta
Family Elder

Post by vesta »

Hello Dr F:
You mention Dr Royal Lee (1895-1967)who created Standard Process suppléments which I was "prescribed" starting in 1984 by my San Francisco Kinesiologist with the help of muscle testing. Great for detoxification and optimal nutrition, I still take them. As one might expect Quackwatch shill for the drug industry, Stephen Barrett MD, has described his as a "shady history". I highly recommend Standard Process suppléments.

MS Cure Enigmas.net
uprightdoc
Family Elder

Post by uprightdoc »

Dania,
I knew it. You told me previously about your horseback riding accidents at Dr. Rosa's study. You may have had childhood problems but whatever you had probably pales in comparison to the falls from horses. I have seen sumersalts done wrong on trampolines and from diving into water that caused compression fractures and spondylosis. Landing on turf is worse. Rodeo riders typically have terrible spines.