CCSVI and CCVBP

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
uprightdoc
Family Elder

Re: CCSVI and CCVBP

Post by uprightdoc »

It certainly could be contributing to the condition.
HappyPoet
Family Elder

Post by HappyPoet »

Hi DrF,

An update--

My husband: His tight, painful shoulder feels looser after each of your Acu-TENS treatments. (Note to readers--my husband does not have MS, but I do have MS.)

Also, he's started to feel lots of progress with his cervical nerve pain after five sessions with the chiro whom you recommended to give cervical decompression treatment on the traction table you recommended be used (different from the 'flexion-distraction' table you recommended for me when I start in the future). Sorry, but I can't remember the kind of table his chiro is using?

Today, he actually said that he had forgotten what it feels like to feel normal again! He still gets some painful "twinges" in his neck and into his shoulder during the day, but the pain is not constant like it was before he started to see you and the other chiro. He's a happy camper again, and he'll continue the cervical decompression treatments and will see you for periodic check-ups.

Myself: Several days after your Acu-TENS treatment, the painful tightness in my shoulder blade area was gone. In the past, I've had lots of trigger point steroid injections all around this area, and come September, I'd be so happy if the number of injections could be reduced.

Also, I know it's time for my C1 to be adjusted again. Whenever my left hip starts to hurt when I'm lying down, I know it's time to make an appointment.

Thank you so very much for helping us, DrF.
NZer1
Family Elder

Post by NZer1 »

So pleased to hear your making improvements Mr and Mrs Happy Poet!

:)
Nigel
NZer1
Family Elder

Post by NZer1 »

Dr F how does Transverse Myelitis fit into the cranial flows picture?

I was told a long while back that was what I had and as symptoms and episodes or stages changed the dx moved as well!

:)
Nigel
uprightdoc
Family Elder

Post by uprightdoc »

Your welcome Poet. I am happy to help. As I explained to you both, your husband has a complex problem of the neck , shoulder and thoracic outlet due to separation of the acromioclavicular joint and fracture of the coracoid process in conjunction with two badly degenerated discs in the lower neck with stenosis of the intervertebral foramen.

In addition to the improvement in you MS hug symptoms, I am happy to hear you are doing better with the optic neuritis pain and tinnitis, as well as decreased pain in the perineum. There is still much more to do.
uprightdoc
Family Elder

Post by uprightdoc »

Hello NZer,
It's my opinion that transverse myelitis is often caused by spondylosis resulting in obstruction to blood and CSF flow in the cord causing chronic ischemia, inflammation and edema.
uprightdoc
Family Elder

Post by uprightdoc »

Poet,
I forgot to mention that you had suspiciously brisk reflexes in all your extremities and intention tremors in your legs when I first saw you. The intention tremors were decreased significantly on the second visit and were gone by the third visit. Your left leg hip flexors, which were weak at 4/5 has also remained strong at 5/5 since your first visit.
dania
Family Elder

Post by dania »

I spent Monday and Tuesday in the hospital. Cannot defecate as my coccyx is pressing on my intestine blocking it.They took a X RAY of my coccyx when was lying down. Doctor said nothing is wrong. I know when in the sitting position it is different. But the doctor will not listen to me. They gave me many different laxatives and nothing came out. It was only when I was put on my side and given an enema that it did. All positional. So I am back home with the same problem. When will they learn?
I got a Serola SI belt, put it on Tuesday night. What a difference. No more coccyx pain. Sitting straighter, sleeping much better, everything a bit better.
TY Dr Flanagan.
HappyPoet
Family Elder

Post by HappyPoet »

uprightdoc wrote:Poet,
I forgot to mention that you had suspiciously brisk reflexes in all your extremities and intention tremors in your legs when I first saw you. The intention tremors were decreased significantly on the second visit and were gone by the third visit. Your left leg hip flexors, which were weak at 4/5 has also remained strong at 5/5 since your first visit.
Hi DrF,

There's more good news to add to the above and what I reported on Tuesday: Over the past month, I've been able to take less meds than I was taking when I started seeing you. I wanted to wait at least a month before I reported on my meds just in case things quickly changed back:

Baclofen: 80mg to 40mg/day.
Lyrica: 800mg to 400mg/day.
Cymbalta: 60mg to 30mg/day.
Keppra: 4,000mg to 3,000mg/day.
Methadone: 40mg to 20mg/day (happened just this week!).

I want to be more specific about some things that you're actually doing for me, and the easiest way I can do that is to quote what you wrote in an email to me:
uprightdoc wrote:I call my system of electrical therapy Acu-Tens because it combines transcutaneous electrical stimulation of acupuncture points, nerves, motor points and trigger points. I use the points in a classic and modern way determined by patient needs and findings.
Also, the first week of this previously dreaded month has ended, and I'm not in need of the injections that I would have usually needed by now. For the first time, I'm beginning to think that I won't need all the injections I'm scheduled for during the first week of September. :)

See you on Sunday, DrF
blossom
Family Elder

Post by blossom »

quote dr. flanagan: Rather than investigating memory in water, I think we should be more focused on the massive radiation, oil spills, floating islands of garbage and fracking that are polluting our global water system, which has reached the breaking point. Water is the yin energy and mother of life

thanks for your thoughts and opinions. you are so right. i swear i can hear this beautiful earth we were given to be stewarts of moaning and crying rape and sickened by the ungrateful humans until one day it will vomit the the problem out. like a person that is disrespected time after time eventually that person will say enough is enough if you know what's good for you. by then it may be too late.--and this fracking, most people don't have a clue. it's bad, very bad. yet, to watch their adds on t.v. they come off as Mother Theresa. but, that goes for monsanto, the nuclear plants you name it. the garbage that you see everywhere and the garbage that put it there.
blossom
Family Elder

Post by blossom »

uprightdoc wrote:Blossom,
As far as weakness and disability are concerned, which of your extremities are worse - the arms or the legs - or are they equally weak and disabling? Is there a difference between the left and right sides?
to refresh you, started with r. foot drop. then weakness in r. arm. steadily worsened. the left side stayed pretty normal until about 5 yrs. ago. it is still moveing but not too good. i had no numbness until i had ccsvi in 2010. started l. leg now in both legs. went downhill much faster. barely transfering needing assistance at times. i'd say the legs are the worse but arms are catching up fast. if it means anything, because of dominate r. side weakness my belly button is no longer centered it's off to the right. the last 2 mo. "after the wheelchair from hell episode" my brother comes to help me get in bed. when first getting in on my back it feels normal. when he takes my legs and makes me line up straight i feel crooked. that's how twisted and bad i've gotten from r. side dominate weakness. i feel like i need wet down, shaken and hung by my ankles to dry out straight and get the wrinkles out. positioning still makes a difference but not as much i feel due to weakness getting worse. all this has been a nightmare and still is but looseing what is left of my left arm and hand is putting my thoughts at times in a very dark room.
uprightdoc
Family Elder

Post by uprightdoc »

Thanks for the update and good news Poet. I am happy to hear you are doing much better with the extensive and intense pain you have had to deal with for so many years. I will see you and your husband on Sunday.
uprightdoc
Family Elder

Post by uprightdoc »

Thanks for the update Blossom.

I couldn't agree more about the pollution issue. I trust the first hand observations of the honest citizens much more than stupid studies funded by beauracrats and big business idiots motivated by profit and greed.
blossom
Family Elder

Post by blossom »

dr. flanagan, i know we've brought dentistry here for you thoughts and opinions before but this guy to me is very interesting. we know one fix is not everybody's fix. but the body alignment is crucial. it really caught my attention when he mentioned the "pelvis" and the importance of the good and right chiropractors working with this. i still believe my neck is my biggest culprit. but no matter where the problem being the connection of the spine and all this the cause and effect is similiar to a railroad track that can cause a crash. when you first advised me you had me start with the pelvis. being i've done nothing for quite a while i'm sure the good is undone. i've not looked into this deeply yet but if they are trying to get things figured out from their angle i think your knowledge, treating, experience and results would be nothing short of the iceing needed for the cake.

did not forget about trying the machine you suggest but my brother is my ride. waiting for him to finish up some things.

i know this here utube is not about ms but it is amazing what alf did for him.
blossom
Family Elder

Post by blossom »

happy poet, if i haven't told many times--i am so happy for you. and, even though i'm green with envy it is the shade of green that goes great with a happy face. :-D :mrgreen:

thanks dr. flanagan, for treating and helping this very classy lady.