CCSVI and CCVBP

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
HappyPoet
Family Elder

Re: CCSVI and CCVBP

Post by HappyPoet »

blossom, you're so thoughtful to post to me when you're not feeling well. I'm very sorry you're going through this rough time. I'm going to call you on the phone as soon as I submit this post--it's time again for laughter, even if some of it comes from dark humor of the kind that helps heal the soul. I've honestly never laughed so much with anyone else. Aha! Just found my box of Kleenex for all the tears of laughter to come. :)
uprightdoc
Family Elder

Post by uprightdoc »

Hi Blossom,
I am not familiar with the ALF approach and I just sped throught the presentation because it wasn't very interesting. Chiropractors have recognized the importance of the pelvis almost since its inception. My favorite analyis is Dr. Clarence Gonstead's system. I am very familiar with the work of Dr. DeJarnette and SOT pelivic categories which was incorporated into AK. I have since developed my own craniosacral approach based on AK and SOT that I believe is better, more scientific and more clinically relevant. While splints work, they don't work that well and I don't agree with the TMJ theory. Moreover, dentists have absolutely no expertise or training in treating the spine. My experience is that very few patients need a TMJ splint if the spinal problems are addressed correctly. It's a long shot Blossom, but if you and your brother could handle it I would take a look at you myself. I suspect you probably do have a pelvic misalignment. Your biggest problem, however, is in the cervical spine.
dania
Family Elder

Post by dania »

Happy Poet I am so glad you are getting help from Dr Flanagan. We need a lot more like him. Continue to improve and get better! And Blossom... if you do not take Dr Flanagan's offer, well, you know what I would tell you.

uprightdoc
Family Elder

Post by uprightdoc »

Poet,
We have much more to do yet but yesterday you looked, spoke and moved like a "new" woman. You exited quickly from the car, walked briskly and stepped up onto my deck without assistance and headed right to the treatment room and sat down comfortably rather than as if you were sitting on needles and shifting from side to side. I could barely touch your head, neck, lower spine or pelvis when I first saw you. I had to start with extra light craniosacral. Yesterday you actually asked me to poke around to find an acutely painful area. Not to get too personal, and your husband may have mixed feelings, but in light of the intense MS huggies you have been getting, it was good to see you were able to wear a bra again. Thus far we are having good results for optic neuritis, tinnitis, pain in the perineum and intense extensive MS hug pain that did not improve with venoplasty, drugs, anesthetic injections or AO upper cervical correction. Nor were those signs and symptoms due to TMJ dysfunction, faulty diet, lack of vitamin D or infections. Both you and your husband have similar serious spondylosis and stensosis issues affecting the nervous system. If your husband continued on the road he was on, he would have lost function in his right arm and hand. It doesn't matter if it is central or peripheral, the outcome of stenosis in either case is weakness, sensory disturbances and pain. There are many more challenging cases like yours that can likewise be similarly improved with correct care.
dania
Family Elder

Post by dania »

My problem ,this is me.
CONTINUED SI INSTABILITY AND MISALIGNMENT BIOMECHANICALLY STRESSES THE:

hip
knee
ankle
lumbar spine
Pubic Symphasis

Continued SI joint instability will cause arthritis in the SI Joints and/or area. This results from the wearing down of the cartilage on the SI Joints from chronic dysfunctional movement (not gliding) within the SI Joints.

When a pelvis is out of alignment, the spine is out of alignment. When the spine is out of alignment, there are adverse effects on the neurological system. For example - nerves entering and exiting the spine may be compressed and thus unable to perform their function of ennervating the major organs to the full extent. Circulation and metabolism can be affected. Continued misalignment can cause knee and ankle problems. More weight will be placed on one hip than the other, causing more 'wear and tear' which can result in the need for hip replacement in the long term.

Chronic SI Instability is not a self-limiting problem and it left untreated, will cause an increasing number of problems across the body.

http://www.maximumtrainingsolutions.com ... njury.html
NZer1
Family Elder

Post by NZer1 »

Dr F how is the cloning of self coming along? I think that there will need to be several thousand btw!

:) Pleased to hear HP is getting sorted, when I heard the extent or volume of historic problems it really drives home the need for thorough quality assessment, and a progressive approach to healing!

:)
Nigel
HappyPoet
Family Elder

Post by HappyPoet »

uprightdoc wrote:Poet,
We have much more to do yet but yesterday you looked, spoke and moved like a "new" woman. You exited quickly from the car, walked briskly and stepped up onto my deck without assistance and headed right to the treatment room and sat down comfortably rather than as if you were sitting on needles and shifting from side to side. I could barely touch your head, neck, lower spine or pelvis when I first saw you. I had to start with extra light craniosacral. Yesterday you actually asked me to poke around to find an acutely painful area. Not to get too personal, and your husband may have mixed feelings, but in light of the intense MS huggies you have been getting, it was good to see you were able to wear a bra again. Thus far we are having good results for optic neuritis, tinnitis, pain in the perineum and intense extensive MS hug pain that did not improve with venoplasty, drugs, anesthetic injections or AO upper cervical correction. Nor were those signs and symptoms due to TMJ dysfunction, faulty diet, lack of vitamin D or infections. Both you and your husband have similar serious spondylosis and stensosis issues affecting the nervous system. If your husband continued on the road he was on, he would have lost function in his right arm and hand. It doesn't matter if it is central or peripheral, the outcome of stenosis in either case is weakness, sensory disturbances and pain. There are many more challenging cases like yours that can likewise be similarly improved with correct care.
I've also cut in half the dosages of meds I take and sleep better than I can remember. In light of my progress and if I don't have anymore setbacks, do you think I'll be able to soon see my local chiro for flexion-distraction treatment while I continue my treatment with you?
uprightdoc
Family Elder

Post by uprightdoc »

NZer1 wrote: ... when I heard the extent or volume of historic problems it really drives home the need for thorough quality assessment, and a progressive approach to healing! ...
I couldn't agree more.
uprightdoc
Family Elder

Post by uprightdoc »

Poet,
Flexion-distraction may not be the best option for you due to the prone position and the hand contacts on the spine that are used by most doctors that have the tables. It also depends on the type of flexion-distration table they have. Time will tell. There is no hurry at this point. You are progressing very well and, except for your upper cervical spine, range of motion is not the major issue in your case. You have better than average flexibility and range of motion. Your problem is your whole house was in flames. There are still more fires to put out.
HappyPoet
Family Elder

Post by HappyPoet »

uprightdoc wrote:Poet,
Flexion-distraction may not be the best option for you due to the prone position and the hand contacts on the spine that are used by most doctors that have the tables. It also depends on the type of flexion-distration table they have. Time will tell. There is no hurry at this point. You are progressing very well and, except for your upper cervical spine, range of motion is not the major issue in your case. You have better than average flexibility and range of motion. Your problem is your whole house was in flames. There are still more fires to put out.
A house in flames is a great way to describe how I was, and you're correct that lying prone is impossible for me due to front ribcage pain that's making me feel like I'm being crushed to death. I didn't realize I'd have to be face-down on that type of chiro table.

And yes, there are more fires for you to extinguish, which reminds me that my husband and I left Sunday without having scheduled our next appointment. Is this coming Sunday--same time--good for you, or would you prefer to see us before this weekend or shortly thereafter?

Also, much thanks to blossom, dania, and Nigel who've commented about the help Dr. Flanagan has given me. We sure have learned a lot on this thread! Am looking forward to my neuro seeing how well I'm doing now--without having taken the Aubagio he's been pushing on me--and to telling him how I got to this point. :D

Edit: I forgot to say:

My husband and I are very grateful for his results from your acu-STIM treatments and from our local chiro's traction treatments which you recommended; he continues to see the chiro three times/week. His neck and shoulder muscles are now loose enough that he wants to go golfing and bowling which are things he hasn't done in over four years. Also, the changes in the way he holds himself and walks are remarkable compared to when his muscles were constantly knotted up in a tight ball that prevented movement. Best of all, we're both thrilled that he now isn't facing surgery nor living with his excruciating neck/shoulder pain.
uprightdoc
Family Elder

Post by uprightdoc »

I will see you this coming weekend on Sunday at your usual time.

Your husband was obviously very uncomfortable and in pain when I first saw him. He wasn't a happy camper and hardly spoke a word. His head and neck were leaning left in an antalgic position away from the side of compression of the nerve roots causing the pain. The antalgic position was further starting to compress the non-symptomatic left side, which is as bad structurally as the right side as far as the disc degeneration spondylosis and lateral stenosis are concerned. He would have ended up with severe nerve root pain in both arms. He's tough as nails though and is progressing very well. As long as he doesn't get overly competitive and crazy, he will probably due fine with some light golf and bowling.
dania
Family Elder

Post by dania »

Going to the hospital. Pelvis, SI joint, completely displaced/detached. My whole left pelvis section is not stable. My bones are loose, changing positions whenever I move. The pain is unbearable. Hope they look at this and not blame it on MS.
uprightdoc
Family Elder

Post by uprightdoc »

It's hard to pull the sacroiliac joints apart. They have long been considered to be a type of non-movable joint by orthopedic surgeons. Chiropractors such as Gonstead, Logan, DeJarnette, Goodheart and many others have long recognized the importance and role of the sacroiliac joints in low back and many other maladies, including distant issues like TMJ problems. They also identified different types of common pelvic strains (misalignments). Sacroiliac joint problems are typically overlooked by orthopedic surgeons. They don't know how to examine the pelvic joints and they don't know how to read x-rays of misalignments. Hopefully, they will take the time to x-ray and evaluate your pelvic joints and muscles, which include the hips. It should also include the legs, Q-angles, knees, ankles and feet.
blossom
Family Elder

Post by blossom »

hi dania, so sorry to hear you are in so much pain. yes, i hope the dr.'s will look past their noses and get to the root of things. blameing every symptom on this thing someone named ms is convenient and, a lame excuse. -- the best to you.
uprightdoc
Family Elder

Post by uprightdoc »

From what you describe Blossom, I'll bet your pelvis is twisted as well and making matters worse.