CCSVI and CCVBP

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
HappyPoet
Family Elder

Re: CCSVI and CCVBP

Post by HappyPoet »

Hello everyone,

I just got off the phone with dania. She asked me to read to her the posts from those who are concerned, whom she thanks very much, and she then dictated the following for me to post on her behalf:
Dr. Flanagan, the things you are suggesting are no longer an option for me. My femoral bones are not connected to my pelvis by the ligaments any longer; therefore, they feel like they're floating around in water rather than feeling connected to me.

Also, I need a harness that will hold my upper body and attach at the top of the shoulders so my spine can be decompressed while I'm in my recliner. If anyone out there knows of such a harness, please let me, blossom, poet, or Dr. Flanagan know. They can then give me the information on how to acquire the harness for the stand I already own.
vesta
Family Elder

Post by vesta »

Dear Dania: I am so sorry to hear that your condition has declined dramatically. I'm too far away to be of any help except to visualize a white light of protection for you. You have demonstrated such resolve and courage, my sincere regards, Vesta
uprightdoc
Family Elder

Post by uprightdoc »

Dania,
Although they may not function properly, it's highly doubtful that you completely severed both hip capsules and ligaments to the point of dislocation, which would be easy to see clinically and on x-ray.

The Back Bubble I suggested goes under your armpits so it shouldn't be a problem for you. It's the same as the harness you describe. You would need someone to help you but you might be able to get into it from your chair and be guided back into your chair after using it. The Back Bubble would suspend you, stretch and decompress your low back, and relieve compression of the tailbone. Light bouncing would be helpful for the legs, colon and constipation. If it is too difficult to get into after trying it you can send it back.
HappyPoet
Family Elder

Post by HappyPoet »

DrF, you really should call dania on the phone to describe this back bubble device and answer her questions.
uprightdoc
Family Elder

Post by uprightdoc »

Send me her phone number.
HappyPoet
Family Elder

Post by HappyPoet »

PM sent
HappyPoet
Family Elder

Post by HappyPoet »

Thanks, DrF, for calling dania. She can't get to her computer to see the Back Bubble YouTube videos, and I know I wouldn't properly be able to describe it nor answer her questions about the device.
uprightdoc
Family Elder

Post by uprightdoc »

Your welcome. We had a productive conversation. I will be sending her some information regarding speical harnesses we discussed. If you speak to her, let her know that I sent her a PM with the links.
Robnl
Family Elder

Post by Robnl »

Hi Doc,

Small status update;
i do not feel better yetl, no improvements also.

But, my impression is that my weekly ' schedule' of how i feel is changing...

I have to explain this:
How it was;
- Monday; starting up...tired, diffilculties standing up, no control sitting down etc
- During the week this gets better/easier....not good ofcourse but better
- Friday, after 40 hours work, more tired but ok
- Weekend, energy level down, physically bad

How it is;
- Monday; same...at night i'm on the Cox table...afterwards i feel somewhat better
- Tuesday/Wednessday...tired...feel it in the last working hour
- Thurday/Friday less tired...feels ok
- Saturday feels good, physically not bad....standing up is ok
- (last) Sunday i was exhausted

Just tiny things, but it feels different...i'm sure

Regards,

Robert
uprightdoc
Family Elder

Post by uprightdoc »

Hello Robert,

It's too soon but your initial report sounds good so far. It's a good sign that you have had no adverse reactions and that you feel somewhat better after treatment. The slight improvement in fatigue during the week and weekend is another good sign. Getting up from chairs and sitting down is a good way to test your quadriceps and gluteus maximus muscles so it's a good way for you to monitor progress.

Correction and rehabilitation of the spine using flexion-distraction takes longer that other methods but the benefits are well worth it. It will keep your spine in much better condition and prevent it from degenerating further causing greater weakness in your legs and disability. It can also slow down or halt neurodegenerative processes caused by compression of the spinal canal due to spondylosis, as well as sluggish blood and CSF flow.

How often do you get treated?
Robnl
Family Elder

Post by Robnl »

Treatment is once a week, takes an hour or more.
I want to start walking behind the Walker more frequently next week.
Now i walk about 10 meter once a day, want to make it more in distance and times a day.

Also i can measure possible improvements at the physiotherapist, last week the leg press was better.
But does it hold and will it improve more? We will see....
uprightdoc
Family Elder

Post by uprightdoc »

The treatment must be thorough to last an hour. The doctor is doing a good job. The leg press is a very good way to measure progress. Leg curls and leg extension would also be good, as well as knee reaises and toe raises. The affects of treatment will last longer with continued care. There is no way to tell how much you will improve in strength. Time will tell. Your spine and cord, however, will definitely benefit. Keep me posted about your progress with walking.
NZer1
Family Elder

Post by NZer1 »

Dr. Scott Rosa - NEW video on CCSVI and CSF
12 November 2013 at 07:20
CCSVI Alliance is pleased to feature Dr. Scott Rosa's presentation from our 2013 Doctor's Roundtable.
To view the video, please visit our home page, and scroll down the left side:
Observations at the Cranio-Cervical Junction, CTE and Observations of CSF
http://ccsvi.org

During the past year, CCSVI Alliance has facilitated the introduction of Dr. Scott Rosa to the CCSVI community. We want to thank the many physicians who have participated in GoToMeeting exchanges with Dr. Rosa and to those who participated and attended the Doctor’s Roundtable in New Orleans where Dr. Rosa was a member of the speaker’s panel. We hope you find the video recording of Dr. Rosa’s presentation interesting and informational.

Dr. Scott Rosa has been working as a chiropractic physician for over 25 years. During his years of observational study, he became aware of the pathological CNS damage due to disrupted cerebrospinal fluid flow and arterial/venous flow. In the video, Dr. Rosa refers briefly to his extensive research on the effect of acute and chronic trauma at the upper neck and lower skull. http://informahealthcare.com/doi/abs/10 ... alCode=bij
Also, of interest is that Dr. Rosa was the treating doctor in a study of multiple sclerosis patients who had suffered prior cervical trauma.
http://www.fonar.com/pdf/PCP41_damadian.pdf.

Question? Is the breakdown of arterial/venous and CSF flow a contributing factor in neurodegenerative disease? It is encouraging to see recent research addressing this question. A study authored by Dr. Robert Zivadinov and completed at BNAC showed that CSF flow dynamics were altered in MS patients.http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22733409.

Medical research scientists and physicians will be discussing the pathology of aberrant fluid flow in the cranial vault at the 2014 International Society for Neurovascular Disease Conference (ISNVD) in February 2014. http://www.isnvd.org/index.php?site=home.
I am optimistic that by looking more closely at the cranial cervical junction, physicians will begin to find the answers.

Personally, my interest in Dr. Rosa’s work started in 2011 when I became aware that I had an open, stented left jugular vein that had little venous flow (measured by an ultrasound and MRI/MRV using the Haacke protocol). My CCSVI treatment at Stanford in 2009 was successful – I had sustained improvements but I was concerned about the decreased blood flow. In 2012, I connected with Dr. Rosa and became a participant in his study. In the video, Dr. Rosa reviews my images pre and post Atlas adjustment. In his presentation, he also speaks of my grandson who has not been diagnosed with MS, but probably related to a traumatic birthing experience, developed the type of lesions indicative of a demyelinating disease. The images are very dramatic pre and post Atlas treatment.

The methodology used by Dr. Rosa is unique within the chiropractic field of treatment. He uses x-ray studies and upright MRI scanning images to determine his treatment protocol. It is amazing to see the significant difference in image results when you compare upright scans to recumbent scans. The effect of gravity on body mechanics and pathology is only shown in the upright MRI.

For further understanding of the biomechanics of fluid flow in the CNS, I suggest reading the works of Dr. Michael Flanagan. http://uprightdoctor.wordpress.com/

Additional abstracts related to the dynamics of trauma to the CNS in neurological disease:

The Cervical Cord in Multiple Sclerosis – http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/683462
Acute cervical hyperextension-hyperflexion injury may precipitate and/or exacerbate symptomatic multiple sclerosis - http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1 ... x/abstract

Additional videos:
Watch a Webinar Lecture (January 30, 2011), Merging of Radiological and Clinical Perspectives on Craniovertebral Junction Imaging Chiari/CSF/MS/Migraines/NPH/ICH/VBE,with Dr. Scott Rosa and Dr. David Harshfield.
• Part 1
• Part 2
• Part 3
• Part 4
• Part 5

I would like to thank everyone for their continued support of CCSVI Alliance’ s educational outreach programs.

Sincerely,
Sharon Richardson
President
Rogan
Family Elder

Post by Rogan »

Dr. Flanagan:
You wrote back in :
» Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:43 am
I will be reviewing some interesting cases with Drs. Rosa and Harshfield sometime later this week. One case involves a well known former NFL star quaterback with early dementia. There is a higher incidence of neurodegenerative diseases including dementia, Parkinson's and Lou Gehrig/amyotropic lateral sclerosis/ALS. Lou Gehrig was hit in the head by a fastball and knocked out but continued to play when he regained consciousness. Many players are now suing the NFL for concussion related dementia. Whiplash is a type of traumatic brain injury with short and long-term consequences. Damage to the upper cervical spine can effect blood and CSF flow in the brain and cord. Damage to the spine can likewise effect blood and CSF flow in the spinal canal.
I just finished watching a presentation Sharon Posted over on Facebook....

Watch a Webinar Lecture (January 30, 2011), Merging of Radiological and Clinical Perspectives on Craniovertebral Junction Imaging Chiari/CSF/MS/Migraines/NPH/ICH/VBE,with Dr. Scott Rosa and Dr. David Harshfield.
• Part 1
• Part 2
• Part 3
• Part 4
• Part 5

And I am struck with a question. In the NFL concussion observations they called the disease CTE. Chronic traumatic encephalopathy. The researchers noticed this condition by observing Tau in these deceased players brains, frontal cortex I believe. This is the same protein observed in Alzheimer autopsies.

Wow, what a coincidence. Just as you have been saying for many years. There is a relationship between how we label our brain diseases. As you mentioned in the above clip do you think CTE may be more related to the long-term effects on CSF and blood flow through the neck, than the actual trauma induced by a concussion, the ringing of the brain against the scull?

Thank you for your continued research.
uprightdoc
Family Elder

Post by uprightdoc »

That's good news about the CCSVI Alliance presenting Dr. Rosa's work. There is still a long way to go.

I just hired a firm to do the architectural plans and blueprints for rennovating the Merrill Magee property I just purchased. I will be using the location for future seminars. It's just several hours from New York Chiropractic College. Among other things, I will be teaching Flanagan's unifying theory for neurodegenerative diseases, as well as different approaches for treatment such as craniosacral, flexion-distraction, Acu-Tens, Transcranial Direct Current Stimulation, Traditional Chinese Medicines, diet, neutraceuticals, exercise and surgery among other things. I will also be covering neurological, orthopedic and kinesiological testing. It's more important to understand the theory than getting stuck on different types of treatment. The type of treatment selected should the best tool to get the job done.