CCSVI and CCVBP

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
Robnl
Family Elder

Bad and a bit positive news

Post by Robnl »

Hi doc,

Well, as expected...neurosurgeon is not a fan of US doctors and totally disagrees with you...
The spondylosis/herniated disc is severe but has no impact on CSF flow, it's not taking up a lot of space
Damaged endplates is common when you get older...
so, that was dissappointing....but well...........just follow the rules, dont look outside :evil:

But, he sort of agrees with me that i'm atypical and wants rediagnosis in Radboud hospital.
So, MRIs are going to happen i suppose...and i want a cine MRI, period.

And....he maw a slight compression of the cord in the thoracic part but no visible cause.

So, i'll wait for the new appointment.....story continues....

Regards,

Robert
uprightdoc
Family Elder

Re: CCSVI and CCVBP

Post by uprightdoc »

Hello Robert,
The comment your doctor made about not being a a fan of US doctors is so stupid I won't even address it. He probably still wears wooden shoes. There is a lot research to show that he is wrong. It will be interesting to see what the Cine MRI shows.
Robnl
Family Elder

Post by Robnl »

Yes indeed...is was no option to go mad and convince him....medical terms get to complicated :mrgreen:
I will wait for the cine mri
uprightdoc
Family Elder

Post by uprightdoc »

Have your neurologist read the study below.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10494536
Robnl
Family Elder

Post by Robnl »

I will try and find the image from my 2013 MRI with the thoracic issue
uprightdoc
Family Elder

Post by uprightdoc »

Great. Let's see it.
uprightdoc
Family Elder

Post by uprightdoc »

....Diffuse spinal stenosis with cord atrophy leads to diffuse cord acceleration and prolonged cord caudal velocity, possibly related to the loss of the transverse mobility of the cord. Finally, focal spinal stenosis leads to focal dynamic cord deformation and can be associated with prominent intramedullary deformations. When compression is severe or symptomatic, cord motion is significantly decreased. Postoperative cases demonstrate good recovery of cord and CSF motion, unless compression or obstruction is still present...
NZer1
Family Elder

Post by NZer1 »

Thanks Dr F.

So many in 'Research' have come to erroneous conclusions over recent times that are purely to give an in road for more dollars to go to the researchers so they can invent a way to make money for their Masters, 'Pharma'.

Seems that actually achieving Health is based not on what you can add, such as drugs, chemicals and anything that costs money, BUT Health actually comes from what we can remove, such as change of diet, exercise, mindfulness, and awareness of where the World is headed ................... ;)

The things we add, such as eating crap processed, imitation foods, or not exercising, or not thinking in general, or not challenging the thoughts and assumptions we hear, or sitting in front of TV's and having our minds altered to fit the model that suits greed from the 'System', and so many other 'Modern' or 'Western' lifestyles that lock us into a Rat Race way of existence are taking our Health from us rather than giving a 'Quality of Life' (QOL).

Systems .................. for who's betterment? ;)

Rant over, but not for long ................... :)

Regards,
Nigel
uprightdoc
Family Elder

Post by uprightdoc »

You're welcome Nigel. Thanks for the rant. It's so true.
Robnl
Family Elder

L1 bend cord

Post by Robnl »

Last edited by Robnl on Mon Apr 06, 2015 2:39 am, edited 3 times in total.
Robnl
Family Elder

Post by Robnl »

uploadimage

larger pic
buggs
Getting to Know You...

Post by buggs »

I do not know what CCVBP means but I think I can completely relate to this thread. I was in the hospital in the summer of 2014 for my back. A neurologist I do not know personally but is doing the Canadian study on CCSVI marched in and said it was MS send her home.
where I can relate is I also have an MRI from 2012 that shows a completely flattened disc at T6 T7 causing spinal canal pressure. I had an MRI scheduled for my spine but the Neuro read it as MS MRI with no mention of my spine except to say that it was the same as previous MRI. with the addition of one more lesion.
My back had been acting up as I was seeing a NUCCA chiropractor and was adjusted one day and my C1 flipped from one side to the other.
It makes sense to me as all this started for me after a severe car accident, at the time I was grateful to be alive now I realize my neck and back were damaged badly.
I also was refereed to a neurosurgeon and told nothing is wrong it was just an MS attack, that was done with a phone call not even a face to face visit. I am incredibly saddened by all this I know my problems are related to that accident back in 1998. Any advice?
Robnl
Family Elder

Post by Robnl »

I read about more cases that were diagnosed with ms after a car crash.
Most of them after several years. Wrong, i'm sure...
uprightdoc
Family Elder

Post by uprightdoc »

Robert,
Your scans are very interesting. Look at the shape of the vertebrae in you lumbar spine. They should basically be square in shape. In your scans the tops and bottoms of the vertebrae case show significant compression deformation. You also have buckling of the ligament flavum that is almost compressing the cord in the area you drew the circle around.
uprightdoc
Family Elder

Post by uprightdoc »

buggs wrote:I do not know what CCVBP means but I think I can completely relate to this thread. I was in the hospital in the summer of 2014 for my back. A neurologist I do not know personally but is doing the Canadian study on CCSVI marched in and said it was MS send her home.
where I can relate is I also have an MRI from 2012 that shows a completely flattened disc at T6 T7 causing spinal canal pressure. I had an MRI scheduled for my spine but the Neuro read it as MS MRI with no mention of my spine except to say that it was the same as previous MRI. with the addition of one more lesion.
My back had been acting up as I was seeing a NUCCA chiropractor and was adjusted one day and my C1 flipped from one side to the other.
It makes sense to me as all this started for me after a severe car accident, at the time I was grateful to be alive now I realize my neck and back were damaged badly.
I also was refereed to a neurosurgeon and told nothing is wrong it was just an MS attack, that was done with a phone call not even a face to face visit. I am incredibly saddened by all this I know my problems are related to that accident back in 1998. Any advice?
Hello Buggs,

Despite the mounting pile of evidence most neurologist still stubbornly cling to their beliefs that there is no connection between MS and traumatic spinal injuries.

There are several non-surgical and surgical corrections of the spine that could be helpful. The problem is that surgeons don't see the connection to the spine and so they don't see the need for surgery. My advice for now would be find a doctor who is highly skilled in non-surgical treatment of the spine such as specific upper cervical, Cox 7 or 8 flexion-distraction treatment, sacrooccipital technique or cranialsacral therapy etc. You want to relieve structural strains and maintain the health of your spine as much as possible to prevent further deterioration and complications.