Cost of 2nd procedure?

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
vivavie
Family Elder

Cost of 2nd procedure?

Post by vivavie »

It would be helpful to know the price of SECOND procedure. We know there is a very high potential for re-stenosis. A 2nd procedure can also be required if stent blocked, trombosis, etc. I have read before that Bulgaria and Poland offer a different rate for their second procedure. What is the standard for America? Anybody knows for Siskin, Mehta, Haaskal, Hubbard, Arizona, Florida, etc.

Thank you for your help.
lovebug
Family Elder

Post by lovebug »

Very good question!!! I don`t think I have read anything yet about the cost of a second CCSVI surgery if needed. Is this maybe posted somewhere on TIMS that we missed?
Cece
Family Elder

Post by Cece »

I have not seen it, although there are some things I miss! The most I can remember is people going to a second doctor for a second procedure and therefore paying full price yet again.
lovebug
Family Elder

Post by lovebug »

Perhaps more patients that have had to have the surgery done for the second or more time could post their costs here and if they chose to stay with the original doctor or moved on to somebody else and why........... This should make for some very interesting reading in the future.......
lovebug
Family Elder

Cost of second CCSVI surgery

Post by lovebug »

I do not want anybody to trash any doctor in this thread! Perhaps just naming the country(state) where your surgery was done and redone(costs) would be enough information.