The Haacke CCSVI protocol-live discussion video

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
cheerleader
Family Elder

The Haacke CCSVI protocol-live discussion video

Post by cheerleader »

CCSVI Alliance exclusive now on our site--
www.ccsvi.org
Dr. E. Mark Haacke and Dr. David Hubbard discuss the Haacke imaging protocol for CCSVI. I was fortunate enough to visit with these brilliant gentlemen in September, and capture their thoughts on video.

hope you find it as enlightening as I did...
cheer
www.ccsvi.org
Husband dx RRMS 3/07
dx dual jugular vein stenosis (CCSVI) 4/09
http://ccsviinms.blogspot.com
costumenastional
Family Elder

Post by costumenastional »

Thank you VERY much.
MegansMom
Family Elder

Post by MegansMom »

This is a great video. All of the pieces seem to be coming together.

The content is awesome. Nice relaxed setting, good light, nice & easy to understand.

And I love the cameo of the dog !

Bravo !
Cat (Catherine Somerville on FB)
MegansMom
My 35 yo daughter is newly dx 8/19/10 (had 12 symptoms)
Dx with Type A CCSVI- 1 IJV & double "candy wrapper" appearance of her Azygos
Venoplasty done Sept 21, 2010
Doing extremely well-
Billmeik
Family Elder

Post by Billmeik »

Singer says that there is lots of evidence that people's ms lesions get no worse. Has anybody assembled this? Ill have to admit doubt has crept into my thoughts of late..
nellie
Family Elder

Post by nellie »

Wonderful video! I forwarded it on to a local Dr. here interested in ccsvi.
Thank you for all your work!!!!!!!!!!
MarkW
Family Elder

Nice video, Thanks Cheer

Post by MarkW »

I go for the Hubbard view on this. Mainly because I have never seen anyone emerge from Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy session with the significant changes people report after venoplasty. (As chair of Oxford MSTC (www.omstc.org) I see many people after oxygen therapy).
Also long term hypoxia is not usually reversible.
But not jumping to conclusions................
Kind regards,
MarkW

PS It is good to see that Mark H does not spend time sunbathing (white legs), he spends his time with MRI machines ?
Mark Walker - Oxfordshire, England. Retired Industrial Pharmacist. 24 years of study about MS.
CCSVI Comments:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/health/8359854/MS-experts-in-Britain-have-to-open-their-minds.html
garyak
Family Elder

Post by garyak »

That was great Joan, TY. Of course that was the day we just missed each other as I was getting my Haake protocol at Hubbards that afternoon, 1 day post-procedure.
I thought I heard a horse in the background?
This forum's members would all benefit from this video as I did. This is not over the heads of most TIMS members and was very informative.
I learned a few things, thanks Joan !!
cheerleader
Family Elder

Post by cheerleader »

Mark--Dr. Hubbard believes there is diffuse cerebral hypoxia in CCSVI--that's why he's testing with fMRI and looking forward to perfusion studies. Cerebral hypoxia has nothing to do with oxygen levels in the blood...it's about oxygen accessing the brain tissue, that's why HBOT is only a temporary and minor help. And actually, diffuse cerebral hypoxia is something people overcome all the time, after suffering at high altitude or diving or undergoing CO2 poisoning. If you listen to the video again, Dr. Hubbard said that a stroke or severe ischemic event is very different than what we see in CCSVI. Neurologists are not accustomed to looking at the subtle changes created by CCSVI. Dr Hubbard and Dr. Haacke are in agreement with me on the importance of looking at oxygenation in brain tissue. That's why the perfusion test is being added to the protocol.

Gary--- yup...the neighbors have a horse that whinnies, and the Hubbard's have some sweet dogs that hung out with me on the patio. One decided to get into the shot :) Glad you liked the video...it was really cool to hear those two going on...their excitement is palpable. And I'm so sorry I missed you when I was there. Next time!
cheer
Husband dx RRMS 3/07
dx dual jugular vein stenosis (CCSVI) 4/09
http://ccsviinms.blogspot.com
silverbirch
Family Elder

Post by silverbirch »

cheerleader wrote: Cerebral hypoxia has nothing to do with oxygen levels in the blood...it's about oxygen accessing the brain tissue, that's why HBOT is only a temporary and minor help. That's why the perfusion test is being added to the protocol.
HBOT is that the chamber ?

What is the perfusion test ?

Thank you for your continued support here in the ms forum