Cece wrote:Am I understanding this right: your first doctor did not treat the lower valves (in the jugular near where it merges with subclavian?), what did he treat then? Higher in the jugulars?.
The report from the procedure says...
Right: 1 x ballooning "stenosis on levels of valve with delay outflow...performed in lower part of the vein"
Left: 2 x ballooning "severe stenosis with delay outflow" (nothing more)
The thing is, if it was spotted (which I don't believe it was because nobody told me anything about valves!) that the valves were in the one case not working and in the other malfunctioning, how would angioplasty have helped? As far as I know valves are a bit of a moot point as to how to treat currently and it's a toss up between kissing balloons, cutting balloons, stents or potentially transplants...?
Cece wrote:For 7,000 pounds you got a procedure that missed the nonworking valves and the malformed valve..
Included there is... one trip to Ireland, flights and doppler. One week in Poland, flights, procedure and extra two days stay. And one trip to Glasgow, flights and doppler. It's cost a hell of a lot of money for me to get worse, and as I say i'll be paying for it in two ways for a long time! lol
Cece wrote:Sorry it has turned out this way. Absolutely if you have to get off the merry-go-round and waiting this out, that is a reasonable choice. I'll be interested in what you hear back from Dr. Simka if you care to share it.
Hey it's cool, i'm up a creek so to speak but y'know I had to try, and the negatives are going to happen to some of us. We know this as i've said before.
Yes of course i'll report back. Every bit of info is necessary at the moment for things to advance.
You never know, I can always rob a bank and try again one day
Thanks Cece xx