Venography in Canada

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.

Venography in Canada

Postby Annbanan » Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:09 pm

Is there anywhere in Canada that offers venography on jugulars? I had my procedure done on 14th of October and now am unable to work due to the severity of my fatigue....I need help in Canada now!
Annbanan
Getting to Know You...

Advertisement

Postby 1eye » Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:23 pm

If you are refused in writing, the people at angioplastyforall.com will be interested.
"Try - Just A Little Bit Harder" - Janis Joplin
CCSVI procedure Albany Aug 2010
'MS' is over - if you want it
Patients sans/without patience
1eye
Family Elder

Postby Blaze » Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:08 am

Try contacting Dr. McDonald or Dr. Christopher Guest in Barrie Ontario. I think they are prohibited from treating anyone with MS in Canada, but they may be able to give you some information on what to do if you are having complications.

As you probably know, Dr. McDonald is our leading medical proponent on CCSVI. Dr. Guest is an IR who has worked with Dr McDonald.

I agree with 1Eye about contacting angioplastyfor all. Try to reach Tim Donovan there to see if he knows if anyone is able to give you any information on how to have complications treated.

Have you talked to your own family doc about this? Have you been checked to determine if you picked up an infection while you were away?

Good Luck. Please keep us informed.
Blaze
Family Elder

Re: Venography in Canada

Postby Gordon » Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:51 am

Annbanan wrote:Is there anywhere in Canada that offers venography on jugulars? I had my procedure done on 14th of October and now am unable to work due to the severity of my fatigue....I need help in Canada now!

Go to Emergency and tell them that you need help ??
Gordon
Family Elder

Postby dania » Sat Oct 23, 2010 5:17 am

Ann, you posted that you are much worse than before. That is happened to me also. If you have a venogram it will just tell you if your veins have restenosed and if so how much. I had the procedure done twice and when they tried for the third time my veins were 100% closed and the doctor was unable to get in to perform angioplasty. I really think you veins are now more closed than what they were before the procedure. Try an get an ultasound done first. You might get your answer with that.
dania
Family Elder

Postby jimmylegs » Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:57 am

annbanan, sorry if i already asked you this and i also am not sure how much i can help with post-op other than impacts of stress, but did you ever optimize your nutritional status to match healthy controls vs ms patient, before going for surgery? stress could have depleted certain of your electrolytes, in particular certain ones that are low in ms patients anyway. there are some really concrete steps you can take in terms of nutritional bloodwork. less controversial than ccsvi procedures and something you can take immediate action on while you continue your search for post-CCSVI-op support.
my approach: no meds so far - just nutrient-dense anti-inflammatory whole foods, and supplements where needed
info: www.whfoods.com, www.nutritiondata.com
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Return to Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)