Stent complications and possible denial of care in Canada

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
happy_canuck
Family Elder

Stent complications and possible denial of care in Canada

Post by happy_canuck »

Hi everyone,

A post on Facebook yesterday reported a young man died last week from stent complications after being treated for CCSVI in June. The person who posted it was a neighbour who had raised money for the man to return to his treatment location when problems started. She reported he sought help at both his doctor's office and local hospital in St. Catharine's, Ontario and was turned away.

The man was an immigrant to Canada from Europe and his family is trying to have his body returned for burial. They are poor, but they haven't asked for help. If we get all the details (including his parent's names and contact information), I hope to help them get on paypal or some system for people to help them with this cost.

I am trying to verify all details, including clinic location. I know some people won't like me posting this in advance of having everything in hand, but the truth is we may never know any more without telling others. The one neighbour is our only source of knowing this. Someone else may have been involved at some point -- fundraising in St. Catharine's perhaps? Apparently, they raised money for his return trip to the clinic by selling bracelets.

Please fill out any details you know. Apparently, this man was very private, but someone in Canada needs to answer for what happened to him if they did turn him away.

With respect,

~Sandra
National CCSVI Society: <strong><br /><a href="http://tinyurl.com/44znbct">http://tiny ... 44znbct</a> ~Website<br /><a href="http://tinyurl.com/3wzmkmg">http://tiny ... 3wzmkmg</a> ~Facebook</strong><br />
1eye
Family Elder

Post by 1eye »

If he was denied medical care in Canada, I'm sure angioplastforall.com would be interested. Any documentation?
This unit of entertainment not brought to you by FREMULON.
Not a doctor.
"I'm still here, how 'bout that? I may have lost my lunchbox, but I'm still here." John Cowan Hartford (December 30, 1937 – June 4, 2001)
Cece
Family Elder

Post by Cece »

I am very sorry to read this. Condolences to the family.
PCakes
Family Elder

Post by PCakes »

This is so so sad.

'Primum non nocere'
thornyrose76
Family Elder

Post by thornyrose76 »

How in god's green earth could this man be turned away if he needed helP? How in the hell can an hospital or doctor turn this man away if he was in need of medical care in Canada just bc he had the angioplasty? They can't do this. A lawyer needs to be contacted...
1eye
Family Elder

Post by 1eye »

I think this is a case of wrongful death caused directly by deliberate local medical negligence. So sorry to hear of it. My condolences to the family.
Not a doctor.
"I'm still here, how 'bout that? I may have lost my lunchbox, but I'm still here." John Cowan Hartford (December 30, 1937 – June 4, 2001)
concerned

Post by concerned »

It could be that without his file pertaining to the procedure and the relatively unknown nature of everything re:CCSVI, that the doctors just didn't know what to do.

How often do doctors treat IJV stent complications of this nature here in Canada?

Any more info on this case? Seems like it should be big news.
Cece
Family Elder

Post by Cece »

Recopied from the UBC CCSVI Facebook page:
Posted on Costa Rica Facebook page: I am a friend of this young man's wife, I feel sick when I read all the comments made, he only died 5 days ago and she is still in shock, she told me the doctors in CR are in shock, the 2nd. procedure went well.
She only got home to Canada yesterday. She won't know for 7 - 14 days what happened. The facts can only be given by herself. It will be quite awhile before that is possible. Please be respectful of her and their families and pray for them. Thank you.
1eye
Family Elder

Post by 1eye »

I apologize if I have offended, and I send my deepest condolences to his wife and all his mourners.
Not a doctor.
erinc14
Family Elder

Post by erinc14 »

how do you know this is true :?:
concerned

Post by concerned »

erinc14 wrote:how do you know this is true :?:

Hinting at a conspiracy when somebody is dead seems pretty disrespectful to me.
Cece
Family Elder

Re: Stent complications and possible denial of care in Canad

Post by Cece »

happy_canuck wrote:I am trying to verify all details, including clinic location.
erinc14
Family Elder

Post by erinc14 »

concerned wrote:

why isn't it in the news :?:
thornyrose76
Family Elder

Post by thornyrose76 »

concerned wrote:

God, give it a rest!
concerned

Post by concerned »

So Donna DuBois is a liar?

Any Facebookers out there know her personally?