Guidance

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.

Guidance

Postby Gordon » Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:32 pm

I have had angioplasty and have one stent LIJ

Stabilization has been achieved Thank God

I use a Lazy boy to sleep in and it works great

Lately However, Mornings are generally good, but as the day goes on, Brain fog seems to slip in and a number of my old symptoms raise there ugly head.

Any suggestions what is happening
Gordon
Family Elder

Advertisement

Postby PCakes » Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:41 pm

Gordon,

First, I have not had the treatment. My questions/comments are drawn from lots of reading here on TiMS..

1) how were things for you prior to treatment?
2) have you considered sleeping less upright to allow for circulation through your newly opened jugular/s?
3) are you able to get exercise? to get that blood flowing.
4) was your azygos imaged? treated?
5) how long ago were you treated?

just a start...:)
PCakes
Family Elder

Thanks so much here is a few notes

Postby Gordon » Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:01 pm

1) how were things for you prior to treatment?

I have mild MS and in genral, I am significantly better until last Friday. I made a mistake of having a couple of glasses of wine and overexerted myself exersize wise

2) have you considered sleeping less upright to allow for circulation through your newly opened jugular/s?
So when you stand up I guess they close and when you lie down they open. I will try this tonight

yes I walk every day and will contine but less agressively

4) was your azygos imaged? treated? It was fine but may have to be rechecked

5) how long ago were you treated? August 14 so it is 10 weeks now
Gordon
Family Elder

Re: Thanks so much here is a few notes

Postby PCakes » Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:54 pm

Gordon wrote:1) how were things for you prior to treatment?

I have mild MS and in genral, I am significantly better until last Friday. I made a mistake of having a couple of glasses of wine and overexerted myself exersize wise

So when you stand up I guess they close and when you lie down they open. You are correct I will try this tonight

yes I walk every day and will contine but less agressively

4) was your azygos imaged? treated? It was fine but may have to be rechecked Dr Sclafani recently shared that there are azygos anomalies that are difficult to image, even during venography.
5) how long ago were you treated? August 14 so it is 10 weeks now Based on the many post-procedure stories I have read, what you are experiencing is very common. I have also read that some treated as long ago as a year or more are still seeing improvements.
I like the advice.. practice good living..rest, exercise, be patient and adopt a good endothelial health program. Check out www.ccsvi.org Under the 'Helping Yourself' tab you will find 'Endothelial Health'.

Good luck :)
PCakes
Family Elder

Postby Cece » Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:17 pm

At 2 1/2 months out, do you have a follow-up Doppler scheduled soon? They'd be able to determine if this is restenosis. Are you continuing to take an aspirin or any anticoagulant medication? Keep us updated if this clears up or if you find anything out via Doppler, ok? We don't yet know what the care and maintenance plan for stents looks like. Also in the event of clotting or regrowth, the IR can do more if it's caught when it's narrowed than when it is completely occluded, so time is of the essence there. Take care.
Cece
Family Elder

Postby PCakes » Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:43 pm

Cece wrote:At 2 1/2 months out, do you have a follow-up Doppler scheduled soon?

Yes, this is the most important!
Thank you Cece :)
PCakes
Family Elder

Thanks

Postby Gordon » Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:12 am

THanks everyone

I had one at about 6 weeks and all was okay

Have another in mid November
Gordon
Family Elder

Return to Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)