Stent data (arteries)

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
SaintLouis
Family Elder

Stent data (arteries)

Post by SaintLouis »

As I wrestle with my own personal decision about whether or not to agree to stents, I've been doing a lot of reading and researching. All the problems MS'ers have been experiencing with stents clotting are not really unexpected based on what I'm finding.

Here is one fairly typical article about it:
http://www.dukehealth.org/health_library/news/2887

To me this just drives home the importance of having in place, in my home town, a follow-up care team ready to go the minute I return. It sounds like clotting usually happens early on. So getting treated with stents and then not having a follow-up doppler/MRV for 6 weeks, 3 months or even worse 6 months is a very dangerous gamble. Too risky for me to live with anyway. And I am frightened for those that do. And livid that politics are putting many in such a position.

Actually, after all of my reading I've decided I will decline stents unless it is found that one of my veins is already totally collapsed. And my goal is to be treated in my home town if possible - a tall order to be sure.