Hey Thornyrose, fellow Winnipegger:
- My GP was aware and on-board and willing to do all blood monitoring, etc.
- I am in contact with a new, non-hostile neuro for neuro follow-ups (hasn't happened yet)
- and I got in to Barrie for a follow-up ultrasound fairly easily ($250 + flight and accommodation)
I have also keep in touch with EuroMedic, and I have budgeted for a return flight and 12-month check-up next spring (~1500 flight and accommodation).
If a 2nd procedure is called for it will cost less than the first, but it will still be money I don't have after a couple of years of MS-reduced earnings. But it can be managed if necessary.
Not perfect, but that's what it is. For me, better than waiting multiple years for all our lobbying to bear fruit.
dx rrms august 2009 (dx CFS spring 1988) off avonex after 3 months
treated katowice 24-25 march 2010 - best thing that ever happened - check tracking thread