Slow Learner

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
Gordon
Family Elder

Slow Learner

Post by Gordon »

My experience has shown that under NO circumstances should you drink Beer during CCSVI recovery, post procedure.

Consumption of three beer Has set me back 10 days

G
Cece
Family Elder

Post by Cece »

Sometimes we attribute a setback to something we did, which may well be the case, but please keep us posted, Gordon. If a setback continues, the usual suggestion is to get a follow-up doppler scan to see if anything is amiss there. (Perhaps restenosis came first and being abnormally affected by beer would be a result of the restenosis being back.) These are just my thoughts, no medical expertise.
Gordon
Family Elder

Thanks

Post by Gordon »

I do not think it is restenosis. It is that Plavix is affected, as I just had a doppler in the morning, and was so pleased that flow ws perfect that I had three beer.

I think in general I have thick blood that clots quckly I have to be careful.

I also had a lot of red meat (ginger beef) and I am Convinced that IRON is at the root of allot of our problems...

but am not sure..

Thanks for advice
Cece
Family Elder

Re: Thanks

Post by Cece »

Gordon wrote:I do not think it is restenosis. It is that Plavix is affected, as I just had a doppler in the morning, and was so pleased that flow ws perfect that I had three beer.
This is good to know, now it is my turn to thank you for your advice :)

Would beer be likely to affect the effects of other anticoagulants or just Plavix, do you think?
David1949
Family Elder

Post by David1949 »

I've been known to drink a beer or two ... or three, from time to time. It usually makes my balalnce worse, so walking becomes worse. Might have to become a tee drinker. :evil:
esta
Family Elder

Post by esta »

being on plavex i've noticed how quickly i get drunk if i have any alcohol...we were advised no alcohol at all, buuuuuuuuuttttt testing is such fun...
PPMS. Liberated Katowice, Poland
06/05/10 angioplasty RJV-re-stenodsed
26/08/10 stent RJV
28/12/10 follow-up ultrasound intimal hyperplasia
ClaireParry
Family Elder

Post by ClaireParry »

If I have a glass - or may be 2! - of wine my walking gets better???

I think the alcohol relaxes me and I'm not so anxious re falling over!!

However, haven't tried it out while on anti-coagulants!

Claire
muse
Family Elder

Post by muse »

Alcohol dilates blood vessels. That’s why I’m taking every morning Propranonlol 160mg and at evening some good wine. Best Arne
"MS" doesn't exist! - CCSVI dx Nov.2009, 1. angio LVJ & RVJ June 2010, 2. angio RVJ April 2011, January 2012 2. restenosis, reversed after ~1 year intake of high dosage Magnesium only. ThisIsCCSVIinMS: http://tinyurl.com/nwy5x58