More blatant fear monguering out of Quebec physician

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
garyak
Family Elder

More blatant fear monguering out of Quebec physician

Post by garyak »

On this morning's Canada AM news program ( http://www.ctv.ca/canadaam/ click on " concerns over liberation treatment " to view today's video ). Dr Desjardin spoke. He is the head of the provinces Society of Radiologists in Quebec. He tries to say that the procedure is not without risks and when asked to describe the complications he says "they are seeing" he goes on to say that there was one complication in California of stent migration. He could not list any other examples of complications in Quebec yet he said they are seeing more and more of these complications. He could not back up his statements and looks like he is a fear monguering liar to me - he looked soooo bad IMO.
concerned

Post by concerned »

A perfunctory glance through this forum could easily show you there are real risks and there are more and more cases of thrombosis, etc.

I don't think it necessarily counts as fear mongering just because he couldn't name more examples, when a look around TiMS will clearly show there is certainly more examples.
Last edited by concerned on Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cece
Family Elder

Post by Cece »

I'm uncomfortable with references to the Costa Rica death, we know so little information, some people going for this procedure are at EDSS 9+. :(
concerned

Post by concerned »

Cece wrote:I'm uncomfortable with references to the Costa Rica death, we know so little information, some people going for this procedure are at EDSS 9+. :(
We definitely need more information on this, people getting the procedure done overseas deserve to know.
garyak
Family Elder

Post by garyak »

I feel that as more IRs in the US start doing more procedures there will be less need for north americans to go over seas.
My concern regarding dr Desjardin is that after he acknowleges these two questions ; 1) can you provide examples of the complications you speak of all he could list was the stent migration example after saying they are seeing more and more complications. 2) he was asked to list some benefits to patients who have had the procedure and he never even tried to answer that question.
He is giving a very biased, classic opinion from influencial physicians basically over emphasizing risks and not addressing the patients who have benefitted. terrible propaganda IMO.

Return to “Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)”