Dr. Hewett at Pacific Interventionalists

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
Theotherhalf

Dr. Hewett at Pacific Interventionalists

Post by Theotherhalf »

Please give me a recommendation on Dr. Hewett at Pacific Interventionalists.
Cece
Family Elder

Post by Cece »

Someone else asked for info on him a week ago, I don't remember seeing anyone respond. He's in the same group with Dr. Arata.
Theotherhalf

Post by Theotherhalf »

What is a typical waiting list time to get CCSVI surgery? My wife's wait has been extremely short.
Cece
Family Elder

Post by Cece »

It varies from doctor to doctor. Since we haven't heard Dr. Hewett's name until this past week, I'd guess he's just entered the fray, so a very short wait period makes sense. Be sure to ask how many CCSVI procedures he has done. There is a learning curve.
Theotherhalf

Post by Theotherhalf »

Just had a call from Pacific Interventionalists and it turns out that Dr. Arata will do the procedure and Dr. Hewett was just making the call to answer questions. I have seen a lot about Dr. Arata so I think he has the experience that is needed.
lovebug
Family Elder

Pacific Interventionalists

Post by lovebug »

There is a thread that has already been started about The Pacific Interventionalists group in California. If you follow the thread down a ways it is under `Anybody had surgery with Dr. Arata--California???` You might want to read it to get different peoples views. I had my CCSVI surgery by Dr. Arata in Sept.2010 and I have nothing but good things to say about that man. I had my first follow-up DU today in Calgary and all looks good, no more reflux and blood is flowing properly!!!
tiredloulou
Family Member

Dr.Arata.....ccsvi

Post by tiredloulou »

I just got home 2 weeks ago
Dr.Arata did my treatment
office is professional, and busy......

all is on time
explained well
no pain
medication is given to calm you during procedure IV
1 location for test
the treatment 45 minutes away........bring GPS
1 stent needed
the other ballooned
Do not leave without your CD's for both .......they get busy
and office girls have too much going on.......

no problems, to present
and very happy with results.......

good luck, don't over think, and ask questions.. he is easy to talk to
Theotherhalf

Post by Theotherhalf »

You are all so helpful and supportive. Hope to write back with good news before Christmas.
happy_canuck
Family Elder

Post by happy_canuck »

I spoke with Dr. Hewett yesterday and he said he's been doing venous angioplasty for 15 years. He went to train with Dr. Haacke on the Haacke MRI protocol as well.

If you're in the Vancouver area, Dr. Hewett will speak on re-stenosis at our CCSVI meeting November 16 -- RSVP by contacting Cheryl at ccsvivancouver@gmail.com

~Sandra
National CCSVI Society: <strong><br /><a href="http://tinyurl.com/44znbct">http://tiny ... 44znbct</a> ~Website<br /><a href="http://tinyurl.com/3wzmkmg">http://tiny ... 3wzmkmg</a> ~Facebook</strong><br />
krcmum
Getting to Know You...

Post by krcmum »

After attending the meeting in Vancouver on Tuesday evening I feel very confident in Dr Hewett and his clinic. I was thinking of going to Mexico but I am now thinking I may go there instead. This is all when i can afford it of course.

Return to “Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)”